Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Even though this summer has been challenging it has been a happy one. Even though I am older and know more of the world. I am in eager anticipation of what may be around the corner. The feelings of fear and anxiety are making way for new ones. Do I know what lies ahead ? I really don't yet, I know in my heart that it will indeed be good. Just like when I was preparing to go to school in Boston back in the 90's . That same drive and determination is strong in me once again. Laying down the ground work for a self sustaining future. I've been going to farmers markets enjoying the atmosphere, people, sights and smells. Meeting interesting folks such as Alpacha farmers. Even an 80 year old women who grows the most enormous beefsteak tomatoes, I've ever seen. She says " They don't always look pretty when the food comes from the ground , yet they will keep you alive" . Mainly I've been taking more time to smell the flowers in between classes and meetings. Sometimes you don't get to do this in life so its been nice. This may be a bit boring for some of you. Yet maybe some of you can relate. Metamorphosis can be a cool adventure, even better when your chrysalis is starting to crack. You know in the paths of uncertainty you are indeed on track.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
As I take on this new blogging venture in September. I've been doing a lot of soul searching in the aspect that this blog was metaphorically my college education in blogging.The next blog is my masters program in blogging. I hope we can all go into it as a family that we have become over the years. I will have to introduce myself to a whole new group of people. I'm kinda over facebook because of the whole algorithm nonsense. Which has me on twitter an awful lot these days if you haven't noticed. Facebook is kinda doing the thing Myspace did before it died in the way we knew it. So in the spirit of the old days of social media. I decided to do one of those Myspace getting to know you questions. Feel free to paste it in the comments will be a lot of fun if more of us play.
- What was your favorite food when you were a child? Pancakes and pistachio ice cream
- What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
“Ignore the critics… Only mediocrity is safe from ridicule. Dare to be different!” Dita Von Teese
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Going to the park. Indoor would have to go with watching weird stuff on hulu
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? I hate doing dishes and going to the dentist. Though I have to do both .
- What is your favorite form of exercise? Belly Dancing or Circuit Training at the gym, walking
- What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? August , early mornings in Maine
- What’s your least favorite mode of transportation? Prop Plane
- What is your favorite body part? My pinky finger its cute
- What sound do you love? When my niece laughs it makes me laugh
- If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? I want to through a food truck party. With all different food trucks from around the state. Id have a live 80's /90's themed band big dance floor with lots of string up lights. I would through for anyone who wanted to come. Probably try to find a way to get donations for a charity.
- If you could paint a picture of any scenery you've seen before, what would you paint? The lavender fields of Provence
- If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 40 wisdom a plenty , yet young enough to still get out and be active. ( Im only 39 now but 40 sounds cool )
- If you knew the world was ending in 2015, what would you do differently? I really can't think of anything I'd do differently. I would make sure to tell everyone how much I loved them.
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Oprah
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? Grammy Awards
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Sculpter
- If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? Would love to work on a art therapy project
- If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? I would hang out with a polar bear and swim with sharks.
- If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Olivia or Mavis
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? Maya Angelou or Andy Warhol
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? I'd pay peoples utility bills anonymously.
- If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be? I would be a bird sparrow in particular. Free as a Bird !
- If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be? Is there life after death ?
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Julia Sugarbaker of Designing women or Elaine on Seinfeld
- Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Andie McDowell or Ricky Lake
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Artist , Mom , Partner , Public Relations Maven
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Walking around the city taking pictures of things.
- What would you name the autobiography of your life? Hip to be Square or Crazy Cat Lady Unleashed
- What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? Olivia Newton John - Magic , Diana Ross - Love Child , Beatles -Free as a Bird , Duran Duran - Too Bad You're so Beautiful , Billie Holiday - The very though of you , Ani De franco - 32 flavors , Stevie Wonder - Superstitious , Michael Franti - Stay Human , Aerosmith -Amazing , Foreigner -I wanna know what love is , Moody Blues - Once Upon a Time , Belinda Carlisle - Mad about you , Nirvana - Lithium , Pixies - Where is my Mind , Julian Lennon -Just for you ( I could add about 100 more )
Sunday, July 20, 2014
Thursday, July 17, 2014
|Oh yeah baby , look at geek chic|
I will give you an example of today we can call it " Color Blind in the City " Today I wore red pants , brown t-shirt , neon coral sweater. My friend asked me if my electricity went out while I was getting dressed today.
I had to be up very early woke up too late to be cute. Honestly all of us women know that there is a window of time that this can be achieved. If you miss it well it's quick shower , bun , lipstick and run for your mode of transport type scenario.
|These have been my staple beauty products|
I will is attempt this OOTD jazz again. Then perhaps we will create Outfit of the Month ( OOTM ) . That is more my speed indeed. This is really a pop culture, art , lifestyle , music and empowerment blog. I look at instagram see all these ladies looking quite fierce in some kinda delusional moment.
|Yeah I almost fell over backwards taking this gem|
I think this is me , yet it really isn't at all. I'm a pretty eclectic lady so being " cutsey " really isn't my groove. Posing dainty in a flower sundress gazing off in to the distance isnt me. Honestly I would some how mock myself by doing a shoot with some kinda quirky deprecating undertone.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Guess It Was Me (Album version) by Julian Lennon
'Everything Changes - The Videos' is a collection of 14 music videos by Julian Lennon that will be released throughout 2014.
Each video will be released with the album audio alongside an acoustic version. Keep checking the Video Menu for the latest video release information: http://youtu.be/qfdoYpbtp5E
Directed by Dick Carruthers
iTunes App: http://smarturl.it/itunes-ttpw
Android App: http://www.smarturl.it/android-ttpw
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Tuesday by tracey-j-whitney featuring lips makeup
Once again since my life is busy yet not glamourous this week.
We are going for the keep it real , its hot as hades look today.
I shall be sitting in a classroom learning important things on Tuesday.
I decided to try the OOTD phenomenon for a week .
I may even actually take a photo of myself in a outfit of the day.
Hope you have a wonderful day beauties.
will be reviewing some makeup this week and there will be surprises.
Monday, July 14, 2014
Drinking coffee at this very moment , I am working on the happy part of my morning. My monday this week will have me running all day long. This is a good thing for I will be very tired enough to sleep properly tonight. I just did some jumping jacks in the kitchen that must have thrilled the others in the apartment complex. So what am I wearing today? Oh how kind of you to ask my beauties. ( I blame the lack of caffeinated beverage in my system. For my chipper bordering on cheesy mood )
My OOTD ( Polyvore didn't have all the specific pieces / Wrote this pre shower so used Polyvore)
Old Navy - Black Cotton soft V-neck tee
Anne Klein - Red Capri's
Clark's - Mary Jane City Shoes
Pop Chic Boutique /KitsyLane -Statement Necklace
Pop Chic Boutique /KitsyLane- Betty Studs ( Bee Earrings )
The fashion people say the messenger is making a comeback. I never gave up on it .
What I did was a urban chic with accessories. Otherwise known as it was clean and ironed so viola my look of the day!
Have a wonderful monday I'll be on twitter later if you want to chat about it @traceyjwhitney
Sunday, July 13, 2014
These are the items I pulled for this weeks flash sale on popchicboutique.kitsylane.com !!
- Gold tone metal, plastic
- 5 1/2" horizontally, 2 1/8" vertically, 5 1/2" temples
- Polycarbonate lenses
- Maximum UVA and UVB protection
Have you been looking for a versatile day-to-evening choice for summer? The Suzan silver circle necklace is a lovely choice, sure to get lots of milage! Textured designs and alternating diamond cut crystals add interest and a bit of sparkle to this dual chained piece. Suzan will elevate your look.
Get your summery boho on with Dakota wrap bracelet! This vibrant, multi-colored tribal-inspired piece features four woven bands as well as a riveted leather strip. Beaded accents and tassels add extra flair to this fun wrap! A gold magnetic "puzzle" closure adds further interest. Break out Dakota at your next weekend BBQ...and expect compliments!
Circle gets a square in these geometric lovelies. Versatile and sleek, Nannette features diagonal raised rows of circles encompassing squares. Nanette's striking silver against black design is a modern complement to day and evening styles. Embrace on- trend geometrics with Nannette!
- Silver tone metal
- 3/4" long
- French hook
Saturday, July 12, 2014
|All sales from will go to benefit Amnesty International|
I really love the magic of instagram on so many levels. I've been noticing that Manimal Vinyl and John Taylor have been sharing covers with us via StereoGum on instagram for the past couple weeks. Stereo Gum reported this week
The Duran Duran tribute compilation Making Patterns Rhyme comes out next week, and we’ve already posted a bunch of songs from it: Moby doing “Rio,” Warpaint doing “The Chauffeur,” Carina Round doing “Come Undone.” Now, Toronto synthpoppers Austra’s ghostly, miasmic take on “American Science,” from Duran Duran’s 1986 album Notorious, has randomly popped up on Spotify; thanks to reader Michael Tyler for tipping us off. If you’ve got Spotify, you can listen to it below. ( Via Stereo Gum )
I've embedded the all tracks I could find below via Sound Cloud and Spotify. I'm very excited about this compilation. Duran Duran's very own 14th studio album is just out on the horizon. Also you will be helping humanity for all the sales from " Making Patterns Rhyme will be going to Amnesty International. Lots of good music makes me geek out with joy! So make sure to get your copy of the Duran Duran Tribute Compilation - Making Patterns Rhyme.
The talented Patty Palazzo of Punk Masters will be doing artwork for the compilation. Patty is a talented graphic designer , artist and photographer that has worked with John Taylor , Duran Duran and Juicy Couture to name a few. The band can be seen sporting her Punk master T-shirts on a regular basis.
Special Treat : John Taylors 2013 Mixtape ( Which is crazy amazing )
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
- Mason Jars : The world is obsessed with mason jars due to the DIY movement. You can do just about anything with a mason jar. There even making mason jar replica water bottles. So it looks like you are drinking out of a fancy hipster Etsy creation. ( I sell on Etsy and have been accused of exhibiting hipster like symptoms.) There are a bizillion tutorials on mason jars on youtube. Google away to your hearts content.
- Jelly Shoes : Being that I was a child during the80's. My recollection of the jelly shoe is quiet fresh. I remember how cute, sweaty and painful they were. Though this didn't stop any of us from wearing them it was suggested you wear socks with them. My friends and I thought they looked " groody" with socks so we suffered. Well they are back in our culture again. They are rumored to be even comfortable. Though bloggers I have talked to say socks are a must still with these shoes. I think perhaps I'll go the " groody " route in my adult hood.
- Dolly Parton : My middle name was taken from one of her songs so I feel connected. You may mock it but a trip to Dollywood is extremely fun. You will smile I promise its just amazing. Dolly Parton performed at Glastonbury to dynamite reviews. She was a crowd favorite to be sure. When I read the trades after her performance. She was the main story all around. Twitter was tweeting like mad. So she had to make this list.
- Frozen : It seems the children of the world will not let it go. Frozen mania is not stopping even Pearl Jam's covered " Let it Go " (the Oscar-winning song from Disney's Frozen).. This summer every where I turn there is something about Frozen.
- Otter Pops : They have returned from the vault of things that made my childhood happy. My cousin found them at Walmart. They look different yet still possess that otter pop taste. I remember sitting on a towel outside my aunties pool eating Otter Pops. So if you missed Sir Isaac Lime, Strawberry Short Kook and Poncho Punch the gang is back.
My middle name is Jolene my mom named me after this song.
Monday, July 7, 2014
|You can call me Queen Bee|
I don't know why I am up . Watched Juno on television also talked to my cat about life. Did the remaining dishes in the sink. Then my air conditioner exploded maybe I put it in wrong ? I cleaned up the mess then fashioned some kinda rigging that should hold it. ( I will have a wiser adult like my uncle check my work) I also re pierced my ears , they werent really closed just needed some gentle convincing. Now I'm rocking cute bee earrings which is my way of reminding people to be aware of the bee crisis.
Here are some observations I've come to while lying in my bed.
- Why can I only find one USB adapter for the multiple devices that need charging? My laptop gets wonky when I get too many going at once.
- I own hundreds of hair ties ( hair elastics ) though for the life of me there are only two in circulation at one time?
- I've dropped 3 tooth brushes in the toilet in the past three months. Really don't know why .
- Why do I talk to my cat when he meows at me.
- Seems like 3 am is magical hour to watch really strange stuff on youtube. I'm currently watching Panorama Documentaries. Which seem to feed my curiosity on many topics.
- My first pen pal in grammar school wanted to switch because I was boring. She had a horse to be fair and liked field hockey. I was in dance and liked to play violin. Who could compete with a horse seriously. Why does this still bother me seeing that I write a pretty cool blog.
- I've had so much fun with seeing old friends and making new ones that Ive caught myself laughing in my sleep
- I worry about humanity then I know in my heart there are people with lots of love in there hearts. Even though things get dark you can't give up.
Sunday, July 6, 2014
I started a shop on Kitsy Lane called Pop Chic Boutique. Every week I pull items for a flash sale. I wanted to share with you this weeks pieces. I was feeling arty , sassy and sophisticated.
You'll look absolutely fierce in the Danika necklace. Black and white enameled triangular designs adorn this chevron and Aztec-inspired piece. Rows of CZ sparkle are unmissable throughout Danika. This evening-ready piece will work with sophisticated ensembles just as well as with more casual, punk-inspired looks.
- Silver tone metal, enamel, CZ's
- 22" long
- Lobster clasp closure
Black and gold add instant sophistication to your look. The Salina bracelet is a shimmering example. Gold designs lend an artisanal quality to Salina as they frame circular CZ's throughout. Stack Salina with other bangles, or let this elegant beauty fly solo.
- Gold tone metal, enamel, CZ's
- 6" around
- Hinge closure
- Hematite metal
- 1 5/8" long
- French hook
Try a new look with the Maia leaf cuff. It creates a bold artistic feel, and the slim band is adjustable for a perfect fit. Give it a whirl with your casual ensembles, you'll love the look of this beautiful Maia cuff.
- Green overlay gold metal
- 7 1/2" diameter
- Slightly adjustable
- Green overlay gold metal
- 7 1/2" diameter
- Slightly adjustable
Add a pop of color with the vivid Antonia bracelet. Antonia's green and cobalt hues are complemented by gold and CZ sparkle. This decidedly on-trend geometric piece is stretch fit for easy on Aztec-inspired style.
- Gold tone metal, enamel, CZ's
- 1 1/2" wide
- Stretch fit
- Gold tone metal, enamel, CZ's
- 1 1/2" wide
- Stretch fit
I invite you to pop over to the shop to bring one of these items or view many of my other fabulous sales going on Pop Chic Boutique
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
I like Alexa's really clean look . You can modify the products t