Tuesday, July 8, 2014

5 Hot Summer Pop Culture Favorites



  1. Mason Jars :  The world is obsessed with mason jars due to the DIY movement. You can do just about anything with a mason jar. There even making mason jar replica water bottles. So it looks like you are drinking out of a fancy hipster Etsy creation. ( I sell on Etsy and have been accused of exhibiting hipster like symptoms.) There are a bizillion tutorials on mason jars on youtube. Google away to your hearts content.
  2. Jelly Shoes : Being that I was a child during the80's. My recollection of the jelly shoe is quiet fresh. I remember how cute, sweaty and painful they were. Though this didn't stop any of us from wearing them it was suggested you wear socks with them. My friends and I thought they looked " groody" with socks so we suffered. Well they are back in our culture again. They are rumored to be even comfortable. Though bloggers I have talked to say socks are a must still with these shoes. I think perhaps I'll go the " groody " route in my adult hood. 
  3. Dolly Parton :  My middle name was taken from one of her songs so I feel connected. You may mock it but a trip to Dollywood is extremely fun. You will smile I promise its just amazing. Dolly Parton performed at Glastonbury to dynamite reviews. She was a crowd favorite to be sure. When I read the trades after her performance. She was the main story all around. Twitter was tweeting like mad. So she had to make this list. 
  4. Frozen : It seems the children of the world will not let it go. Frozen mania is not stopping even Pearl Jam's  covered  " Let it Go " (the Oscar-winning song from Disney's Frozen).. This summer every where I turn there is something about Frozen. 
  5. Otter Pops : They have returned from the vault of things that made my childhood happy. My cousin found them at Walmart. They look different yet still possess that otter pop taste. I remember sitting on a towel outside my aunties pool eating Otter Pops. So if you missed Sir Isaac Lime, Strawberry Short Kook and Poncho Punch the gang is back. 
As the summer progresses there will be more we will round them up in August for you amusement.
My middle name is Jolene my mom named me after this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment