Thursday, July 31, 2014
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Even though this summer has been challenging it has been a happy one. Even though I am older and know more of the world. I am in eager anticipation of what may be around the corner. The feelings of fear and anxiety are making way for new ones. Do I know what lies ahead ? I really don't yet, I know in my heart that it will indeed be good. Just like when I was preparing to go to school in Boston back in the 90's . That same drive and determination is strong in me once again. Laying down the ground work for a self sustaining future. I've been going to farmers markets enjoying the atmosphere, people, sights and smells. Meeting interesting folks such as Alpacha farmers. Even an 80 year old women who grows the most enormous beefsteak tomatoes, I've ever seen. She says " They don't always look pretty when the food comes from the ground , yet they will keep you alive" . Mainly I've been taking more time to smell the flowers in between classes and meetings. Sometimes you don't get to do this in life so its been nice. This may be a bit boring for some of you. Yet maybe some of you can relate. Metamorphosis can be a cool adventure, even better when your chrysalis is starting to crack. You know in the paths of uncertainty you are indeed on track.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
As I take on this new blogging venture in September. I've been doing a lot of soul searching in the aspect that this blog was metaphorically my college education in blogging.The next blog is my masters program in blogging. I hope we can all go into it as a family that we have become over the years. I will have to introduce myself to a whole new group of people. I'm kinda over facebook because of the whole algorithm nonsense. Which has me on twitter an awful lot these days if you haven't noticed. Facebook is kinda doing the thing Myspace did before it died in the way we knew it. So in the spirit of the old days of social media. I decided to do one of those Myspace getting to know you questions. Feel free to paste it in the comments will be a lot of fun if more of us play.
- What was your favorite food when you were a child? Pancakes and pistachio ice cream
- What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
“Ignore the critics… Only mediocrity is safe from ridicule. Dare to be different!” Dita Von Teese
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Going to the park. Indoor would have to go with watching weird stuff on hulu
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? I hate doing dishes and going to the dentist. Though I have to do both .
- What is your favorite form of exercise? Belly Dancing or Circuit Training at the gym, walking
- What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? August , early mornings in Maine
- What’s your least favorite mode of transportation? Prop Plane
- What is your favorite body part? My pinky finger its cute
- What sound do you love? When my niece laughs it makes me laugh
- If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? I want to through a food truck party. With all different food trucks from around the state. Id have a live 80's /90's themed band big dance floor with lots of string up lights. I would through for anyone who wanted to come. Probably try to find a way to get donations for a charity.
- If you could paint a picture of any scenery you've seen before, what would you paint? The lavender fields of Provence
- If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 40 wisdom a plenty , yet young enough to still get out and be active. ( Im only 39 now but 40 sounds cool )
- If you knew the world was ending in 2015, what would you do differently? I really can't think of anything I'd do differently. I would make sure to tell everyone how much I loved them.
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Oprah
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? Grammy Awards
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Sculpter
- If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? Would love to work on a art therapy project
- If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? I would hang out with a polar bear and swim with sharks.
- If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Olivia or Mavis
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? Maya Angelou or Andy Warhol
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? I'd pay peoples utility bills anonymously.
- If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be? I would be a bird sparrow in particular. Free as a Bird !
- If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be? Is there life after death ?
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Julia Sugarbaker of Designing women or Elaine on Seinfeld
- Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Andie McDowell or Ricky Lake
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Artist , Mom , Partner , Public Relations Maven
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Walking around the city taking pictures of things.
- What would you name the autobiography of your life? Hip to be Square or Crazy Cat Lady Unleashed
- What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? Olivia Newton John - Magic , Diana Ross - Love Child , Beatles -Free as a Bird , Duran Duran - Too Bad You're so Beautiful , Billie Holiday - The very though of you , Ani De franco - 32 flavors , Stevie Wonder - Superstitious , Michael Franti - Stay Human , Aerosmith -Amazing , Foreigner -I wanna know what love is , Moody Blues - Once Upon a Time , Belinda Carlisle - Mad about you , Nirvana - Lithium , Pixies - Where is my Mind , Julian Lennon -Just for you ( I could add about 100 more )
Sunday, July 20, 2014
Thursday, July 17, 2014
|Oh yeah baby , look at geek chic|
I will give you an example of today we can call it " Color Blind in the City " Today I wore red pants , brown t-shirt , neon coral sweater. My friend asked me if my electricity went out while I was getting dressed today.
I had to be up very early woke up too late to be cute. Honestly all of us women know that there is a window of time that this can be achieved. If you miss it well it's quick shower , bun , lipstick and run for your mode of transport type scenario.
|These have been my staple beauty products|
I will is attempt this OOTD jazz again. Then perhaps we will create Outfit of the Month ( OOTM ) . That is more my speed indeed. This is really a pop culture, art , lifestyle , music and empowerment blog. I look at instagram see all these ladies looking quite fierce in some kinda delusional moment.
|Yeah I almost fell over backwards taking this gem|
I think this is me , yet it really isn't at all. I'm a pretty eclectic lady so being " cutsey " really isn't my groove. Posing dainty in a flower sundress gazing off in to the distance isnt me. Honestly I would some how mock myself by doing a shoot with some kinda quirky deprecating undertone.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Guess It Was Me (Album version) by Julian Lennon
'Everything Changes - The Videos' is a collection of 14 music videos by Julian Lennon that will be released throughout 2014.
Each video will be released with the album audio alongside an acoustic version. Keep checking the Video Menu for the latest video release information: http://youtu.be/qfdoYpbtp5E
Directed by Dick Carruthers
iTunes App: http://smarturl.it/itunes-ttpw
Android App: http://www.smarturl.it/android-ttpw