Saturday, January 9, 2010

Houndstooth



About 3 years while rooting around in a Tucson AZ, Buffalo exchange. I fell back in love with Hounds tooth. When I came home so flushed with excitement over my, reignited love for this eye crossing pattern. I put out a facebook post saying. Don’t hate me but, I love hounds tooth. What I learned even people not so into the whole fashion thing. Had strong opinions about the pattern. Which surprised me from my very football loving, beer drinking guy friend’s .Id say that would classify it as pop culture? I guess you love it or hate. Not that I bought a ton of things. Then slowly but surely it crept its little dizzy way into my closet. I don’t think, I couldn’t have a blog named Pop Trash Beauty without a splash of the H-tooth.
Houndstooth

Born: Scottland
aka : Glen Plaid , houndtooth check,


How is it made : Houndstooth is made from alternating stripes of black and white in both directions made up of four threads each. Each thread is woven over two threads and under two threads of the opposite directions to create the houndstooth pattern ( via Margaret Montet eHow Contributing Writer)

Quirky Fact : Bear Bryant, the famous former football coach at the University of Alabama, used to wear a houndstooth hat. It became so closely associated with him and the team that fans began wearing it in his honor( via Margaret Montet eHow Contributing Writer)
( seems fitting that they just won the rose bowl )

Example of Bama Fans Houndstooth
Seller: cwhelms
http://www.etsy.com/profile.php?user_id=5587293
Price 2.50 USD






I decided to post a pic of me, in my favorite hounds tooth hat. I change it up with pins, feathers all the time. It’s actually pretty warm. I purchased it for 6.00 at my local Dots store. So little bit of information about a woven fabric. If you think you hate it, watch out you could be bitten by the Hounds Tooth. (Yes I was thinking about that line all day) The Title of this post was going to be “I’ve got a sweet tooth for hounds tooth. Not surprising seeing the level of kitsch and cheese that flows freely here at PTB lol


No comments:

Post a Comment