Saturday, November 24, 2012

Freak Show on the Road : Tucson AZ



“Any thoughts of guilt, any feelings of regret, had faded. The desert had baked them out.” 
― Stephen KingThe Gunslinger
 When I moved Tucson Arizona it was at one of the most difficult times in my life. I had just lost my one of my dearest Aunties Marie to cancer. I was one of her caregivers during her strong fight with cancer. I was very very overweight and emotionally vacant inside. The Desert is a place where everything is striped away and what you are left with is YOU. Facing your fears is survival in the purest form. You can't hide in the desert it forces you to face it all . I had allot to face to dig down deep inside myself in that time . Begin Within was my cousins moto. I want to share with you some pictures from my visit back . We all have that place were we discovered ourselves Tucson was one of mine.

My cousin teaching my Auntie about the landscape
The desert was an ocean many moons ago

Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light.
Frida Kahlo 

You can’t fight the desert… you have to ride with  it  Louis L’Amour

The Sonoran Desert is a big place - over 100,000 square miles! Much of the Sonoran Desert lies in Mexico, partly in the state of Sonora, where the desert gets its name. The rest of the Sonoran desert lies in the states of Baja California Norte and Baja California Sur in Mexico and Arizona and California in the U.S.   ( via the University of Arizona ) 

The Sonoran Desert is the hottest and most biodiverse of the North American deserts.
( via  University of Arizona ) 













“I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you.” 
― Frida Kahlo



No comments:

Post a Comment