Monday, February 14, 2011

My Funny Valentine



I am a single women on Valentines Day. Somehow people want me to feel bad about this fact. I am not bitter about this at all. Single people have it pretty good actually. We have allot of freedoms that other people don't. We get to nap for no reason other than we are tired. Wear ugly sweats to bed without being told we let ourselves go. The remote is in our total control. A towel left on the floor isn't a crisis we just put it in the hamper. My very chic friend told me that I even can take a lover. I am a women of 35 why haven't I thought of this option before. Well lets be honest I have thought of it before. Though I think this may be the year to acquire a lover.


That's right fellas I am smoking hot !!  Try the site Face in Hole
Its really allot of fun look what I did .

Instead of bashing men on Valentines Day. I decided to tell you something that melts my butter. I love a man in a scarf. I adore the way European men wear them. I must be going through a scarf phase. Its not a prerequisite just a a really nice perk. So here is what PTB is doing for Valentines Day.

  



Photo: Via Men's Style Power

V is for Valentine Play List

1. Duran Duran - Save a Prayer
2. Aqua Lung -Brighter Than Sunshine
3. David Bowie -Modern Love
4. Katy Perry- Teenage Dream
5. Adele- Best For Last
6.Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You
7.Strokes -Last Night
8.Scissor Sisters - She's My Man
9. Florence + The Machine - You've Got the Love
10. Lady GaGa -Bad Romance
12.Eminem - Love The Way You Lie ft. Rihanna
13. Morrissey - Let me kiss you
14.Nirvana- Heart Shaped Box
15.Michael Franti -Michael Franti &Spearhead - Hey Hey Hey





Gifts
I decided to purchase a gift for myself . This impulse buy wasn't really off the cuff. I was going to use them in a future post . Kate Moss is the face of Dior's spring 2011 ad campaign. Her pout will be featuring Dior's Addict Lip Color. The slogan is "Be Iconic "  which is fitting. Duran Duran's music will be featured in this campaign. So in honor of this indeed iconic pairing. I will be reviewing the lip color on this very blog. Let's see if this lippy as they call it in the UK. Is iconic an worth the over 26.00 per tube it costs. For a sneak peak of the campaign click here ------------------> An Addict Film

Dior  Addict Lip Color
The two I purchased

Pink Lust   763     ( shimmering fuchsia)
Starlet Siren 773  ( muted plum berry)
Click here for swatches ----> Dior Addict Lip Color Swatches








Movie
Affair to Remember ( 1957)
Nora Ephron got her inspiration from this movie for her movie Sleepless in Seattle. Makes me wonder how many people go to the Empire State Building on Valentines Day? Get the tissues ready get ready to fall in love with Cary Grant. Which isn't hard to do he would have looked fetching in guyliner.





Yummy Treat

Worcester Massachusetts is home to one of the best bakeries in New England. Wholly Cannoli is amazing you can find any kind of Cannoli under the sun. My favorite is the Pistachio. I find when you get just one its not so harsh on the waist line. I made a promise to only visit them on holidays only.


Click here to check out more  Wholly Canoli




Jane Austen Dream Man : Mr Knightley
My favorite Jane Austen novel is Emma. Emma reminds me of my younger days. Well maybe I still have a few of these qualities. A matchmaker,playful,mischievous,naive,gregarious. Yet she has the dashing Mr.Knightley who loves her in spite of her antics.
Wonder if I too will find a man who loves me in spite of my antics.





Happy Valentines Day
PTB Readers
XOXoXoXo






.
.

.

9 comments:

  1. Excellent suggestions! Happy Valentines Day! (Love Save a Prayer btw).
    Cupcake
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cupcake, Happy Valentines Day Sweetie !! Glad u loved Save a Prayer a sassy song for Valentines xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy V-Day Sugar Britches. I didn't know DD was doing a spot with Dior? They should name a lip color after them. You won't be single next year.
    Kriss

    ReplyDelete
  4. lanitak1 you are beautiful without faceinhole, just so you know. Also, awesome post! lanitak1

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was single for six years str8 before i got together with bryan--and i had a great time. i think ppl just put a bad spin on it. rock on!!!
    Monica Rowe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, you said Affair To Remember!!!

    Hankies please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am watching it now .. she is singing the song puddle of tears

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou to everyone for spending Valentines Day with PTB! New Followers welcome :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can add not having to wait more then a hour to be seated at a restaurant to have a V-Day dinner ; )

    ReplyDelete