Friday, November 23, 2012

Christmas Party Basics



Allot of you will be out socializing for the holidays . Christmas Parties , open houses , office parties galore so you asked me to give you some tips. Here are a few basics with more to come. Though we would start here with a few staples.


Makeup- I will say this till I'm blue in the face. Don't try something new that your not used to at a party. I suggest taking what ever item for a trail run for before the big reveal. You want to look fresh and primped not over done and trying. I really like this makeup tutorial . I think its a great holiday look and very affordable. Practice until you got it down. I find with makeup tutorials I don't end up doing what there doing completely. Though it gives me a foundation to figure out where , Id like to go with it . ELF  is a wonderful line this should give you some ideas.






Dressing for the Holidays :  It can get costly to be a social butterfly so here are some tips I use to get me through . Though my dance card isn't full this holiday season. In Christmas past I was running around like a crazy lady.

Signature Necklace
This piece can tie into casual and dress up
I love this red big shiny necklace it looks
good with a little black dress also with a crisp blouse







Same necklace completely different look





















Little Black Dress - Its not risky but its functional you can add cardi, scarf , wrap , jewelry to kinda make it shine . This gives you versatility will see you through a few parties . Cocktail length is always good . If you find the perfect black dress hold on to it . Its a staple for certain will pay for itself in no time. There is no limit to what you can do with a black dress. Metallic heels are always a great accent to a black dress. Metallic are a classic you can't go wrong.


Yeah have no idea what I was doing in this photo but its
an older one   I am wearing the black dress though
The most important thing to wear is a smile to a party. Being warm and engaging is always in fashion . Will do other posts on money saving tips for the holidays . Just wanted to share a few basics I've come to rely on. I am a bit rusty haven't done a makeup post in a long time so bare with me while I get my groove back .

No comments:

Post a Comment