Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Geek Me Beautiful




You always been a little different ? Well join the club of Geek Chic. If you read this blog this certianly isn't a surprise indeed. I'm very proud of the fact that I geek out. I'm not a geek in the avenues of gaming or Anime. I still struggle at Super Mario Brothers, though rest assured I get my geek on. I was ever so excited to hand in my science project every year at school. If I had been better at math a marine biologist . So if you wanted to join the order of the geek , here are things you'll need. We could do a Series to really get into this culture. Though a taste of geek was in order.





Vintage /Camp

When your in the geek chick contingent. You are graded on creativity mostly. Labels don't bring you status unless there over 20 years old. Your handbag should be quirky or old this is crucial. In the camp genre you can sport statement t-shirts . Usually the statement t-shirt should have a statement that normals don't get. Though while your in the local coffee shop, you get a wink slight laugh " cool shirt" . Most of the time this is something you cooked up on Cafe Press at 3am.



My new hello kitty slippers lol
My very own Hello Kitty slippers 



Hello Kitty

Geek chic ladies will come after me for this , though I think it is important to know. It doesnt matter how old or young you are. A Hello Kitty statement piece is always a must . Not too much Hello Kitty never ever. Your water bottle at work , lip gloss , purse , wallet . I always find smart geek women always have a little of the Hello Kitty. Its almost as a secret code to each other. Though you walk a fine line when you dabble with the kitty. If you go overboard it negates the statement . All other characters in the Hello Kitty family are acceptable.




Dr. Who

Yes if you are geek you must know. Who Dr. Who is ?  ( yes that was fun) You must be able to make Tardis jokes. " Well I'd like to ride around in his Tardis "  You must be able to make references to before and after Tennant statements. Then you must have a love of David Tennent in all his future endevors. This meerly scratches the surface of this devoted fan culture. You should also know what Torchwood is this is crucial. Let's take a look at the Chris Moyles as he rides the Tardis







Red Lipstick 










Most geek women have a signature red lipstick or  Rosebud Salve. It depends if your rocking the plain Jane look . We are looking at the other end of the spectrum where your all about the makeup. We usually rotate into the genre of rockabilly or pinup when make up happens. A bright red lippy makes most women feel like a vixen ( yes sometimes for me) Most of the time red lipstick makes me feel like a super hero.





Super Hero Crush

You usually have a super hero crush. I crush on The Green Latern to be honest. I liked Superman growing up . Then Aqua man who I still believe fancies Wonder Women. Though in my 30's the Green Latern floats my boat.


Period Drama's

We knew the allure of period drama's before Downton Abbey. Especially if there British and long we like them an awful lot . ( umm that didn't sound right)  Moving forward with the advent of social media more geek ladies and gents are finding one another. Twitter parties held by Public Television makes it very interactive. I won a Jane Austen action figure during the run of Emma. Which is my favorite , though I have had a thing for Mr. Darcy in the past. Mr. Knightly is my Austen husband , to be honest I do need a little scolding now and then. Though a kind heart and patience is also a virtue. He has them all but alais he is fictional. Maybe a real life prototype exists if you do call me.

Here is a sappy little youtube with there story





The Onion
he Onion is an American news satire organization. It is an entertainment newspaper and a website featuring satirical articles reporting on international, national, and local news ( via wikipedia)
( this is a little irreverent it is a joke not serious , if you offend easy don't watch ) 











This is just a very breif look into the world of geek ladies . This of course would vary by interest if you are a gamer , trekkie , science fiction this list would be different. It is geared towards my geek tribe. Which usually like a 80's brit rock groups with devotion. Read Jane Austen books . We also could be called an Anglophile's . Embrace your geek goddess.

6 comments:

  1. This post felt good to write .. Tracey got her groove back !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey

      This isn't geek this is HIPSTER !!!!

      Delete
  2. I disagree. This is geek. Everyone is a geek. It just depends upon what their passion is and to what degree they indulge in it. Doctor Who is geek and certainly comic book superheroes are as well (good choice with Green Lantern btw). Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED this post Tracey - I'm a complete vintage, red lipstick wearing, Dr Who watching geek! And I was so sad about the actor choice in the Green Lantern film - damn Hollywood (though I think I'm more in love with Captain America after the film and The Avengers movie)!

    Susannah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon
      Geeks unite !! Thank you for coming by :) yay!

      Delete
  4. Susannah
    hi lady , I wasnt thrilled with the casting of the green lantern either . I did however love the Green lantern on Smallville :) rock you red lipstick mama!! so glad you liked :)

    ReplyDelete