Thursday, July 7, 2011

Top Ten Beauty




 One of my favorite blogger gal pals Nora of Botoxey . Was awesome enough to tag me in Top Ten Beauty .
So here your have it my Top Ten Beauty Products .Id like to warn you I got carried away.  Also Ive taken the liberty of Tagging some of you .
                                                             In New York Paris Tommorow
                                                              Haute Shoeture
                                                              The Family Table
                                                              The Roving Stove
                                                              Mz Luna's World
                                                             My Unsolicited Opinion


Estee Lauder - Pure Color Lipstick 405 Velvet Orchid

Estee Lauder - Pure Color Lipstick 405 Velvet Orchid (clipped to polyvore.com)


                                                

 Signature Lippy
                              This is my year round lippy that I love to pieces. Whats weird about it I purchased it just for the name Estee Lauder's Velvet Orchid being the Warhol lover I am. This lippy is one that you can wear alone and people will say " Your eyeshadow is so beautiful" the thing is you arent wearing any. This color crabs all the colors of your skin tone an makes them pop. I'm not saying everyone will garner theses results. I think we all have that color that no matter what works.


Eye Shadow Dujour

tokidoki Cromatico Eyeshadow Palette - Bastardino

tokidoki Cromatico Eyeshadow Palette - Bastardino (clipped to polyvore.com)




 This quad is super fun , highly pigmented. A little goes a long way . I can wear a boho look or smoke it out . I'm not usually a green shadow girl . I'm hooked on this quad has been my go to shadow for quite while now. A late night impulsive sephora purchase has become a staple in my makeup bag .


Ponds Cold Cream
I've been using it since I was five years old. Dance recitals with fire engine red lipstick and blue eyeshadow .My mom with a mound of tissues wiping away the makeup like magic with ponds cold cream. I still use it especially when glitter makeup creations happen .

                                                                     Stilla Smudge Pot 
When gel liner burst on the scene I quickly tossed away my messy liquid liner . Stilla Smudge pots are my favorite . They glide on like a dream . Lets say are forgiving when you go off track. They are a little pricey for me . So in between pots I use Wet n wild gel liner

                                                                      


                                                             Miracle by Lancome
I seem to find everything by chance . I was in the department store and loved the display.  When I sprayed it on me I smelled it and said its my scent . Ive been wearing it for six years . Though I think Boy George should have been the pitch man for Lancome . Singing his song and walking down a bright pink path spray all these models with Miracle . Waking them up from some kinda avante guard nightmare . Singing his song Its a Miracle . Yeah I thought of this in an Airport . Listen to the song umm you see it don't you ? 






                                                                Prime Time Eyes

Before they came out with " eye shadow primer "  Yes there was this time before eyeshadow primer .
I used to just take a dab of concealer or imagine this nothing . Then I started using MAC's Paint Pots they truly work at holding the shadow on there. I would recommend using a little bit of moisturizer with it . It makes my eyes look creasy with some shadows. It does its job time and time again



                                                                             Aquaphor
I love Aquaphor it is versatile just amazing to you dermis. I use it on my feet in winter . Mix it with brown sugar for a lip exfoliate . I recommend you get yourself some its one of those products that its uses are up to you.

                                                            
                                                                Crush with Eyeliner Brush
Debra Macki ( my makeup teacher )  has a eyeliner brush that is a staple in my makeup bag. This brush gives you control. You can use it with gel eyeliner. Even your favorite eyeshadow to make into an eyeliner. I also find it handy drawing designs on my face. Ive tried others I have to say this brush is amazing .


                                                        
                                                   Dior Show Water Proof Mascara
This is a tad pricey for mascara I will admit . I use Lash Blast usually . If you do Bridal makeup this is a staple indeed. Even the Humid weather cant defeat this Mascara . For me its a splurge worth every penny .

                                                         
                                                             NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils
NYX should be commended on a brilliant marketing campaign. Giving youtube makeup gurus there product. Really spread there name like wild fire. That's how I found out about them. The great thing is they really work and I love them. My first time using one was on a makeup look for the Psychedelic Furs " Love My Way " Inspired look.





I also think while your getting your makeup on you need music. I think that you need to listen to a diva of course .



7 comments:

  1. Velvet Orchid is such a GORGEOUS color! + The Warhol love makes me want it even more haha!
    How long ago did you purchase it? - Do you think it would still be around?

    NYX Jumbo Pencils are the sh**!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHH!!!! I can't tell you how much I love this post, and your picks, and YOU of course! Loooove the Lauder lip and the tokidoki palettes, I've been using my palette almost daily! great post doll, glad that I could help with your makeup addiction muahahah =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your so fab - love ya (and all your make-up tips). I confess - I skip make-up whenever possible, I'm lazy- I hate taking the stuff off, therefore I go through it very slowly. Fun to learn about the colors du jour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nora I bought my most recent tube about a year ago. When I heard the color was going away I stocked up. If you call a counter in the dept stores sometimes they have a tube or know what store near you has one. Ebay has had them from time to time. Let just hope Aerin Lauder has a heart and brings it back ! XO Seriously lovin NYX

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MakeupMajesty Im totally lusting after your pallete. I think I may have relapsed thanks to you sweetie XO yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Julie Anne Rhodes I loves you XO I didnt know that about you. I go through phases where , I just cant do it 24/7 :) You probaby look beautiful with or without it . ! xoxo so happy to see you here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember Ponds cold cream as a child. Great post! I may have to try out the gel liner.

    ReplyDelete