Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bubble Gum Pop




I often write about reoccurring themes in my life. This week its bubble gum brought on my a recent purchase of Revlon's scented nail polish. I had to try it after Nora from Botoxey tweeted about the peach version she bought . I mean seems like fruity nail polish has Pop Trash Beauty written all over it . So I decided to do a whole post featuring Bubble Gum.

Do you know why gum is pink? The color of the first successful bubble gum was pink because it was the only color the inventor had left. The color "Stuck" and today bubble gum is still mostly pink.



Some cool facts about gum from the past. Ancient Greeks chewed a gum like substance called mastic. Women especially liked gum because it cleaned their teeth and it exercised their jaw muscles.

Bubble Gum Pop

Genre of pop music popular in the sixties and seventies . Most of these groups were one hit wonders were manufactured in the studio. The Monkees , Brady Bunch , The Royal Guards man , Ohio Express , The Lemon Pipers , The Cuff Links . This genre died down in the later 70's due to the emergence of Disco and Punk Rock moving in to the culture. Modern day examples of bubblegum pop are Katy Perry, NSYNC , New Kids on the Block, Jonas Brothers, Selena Gomez, BrittanySpears ( when she first started )

Three Guess why I picked The Cuff Links hit Tracy



Modern Day Bubblegum Pop
I love this video !



Revlons Scented Nail Polish ( Bubblegum 409 )

Thanks to Nora at Botoxey I caught a craving for scented nail polish.  I first purchased the Raspberry Rapture which was fruity and Fun. Then went back for Bubblegum Pink . These polishes are fun fast drying and have a pleasant smell even after drying. It reminded me of the my dew kisses bubble gum scented lip roll on from the late 80's . Its worth a try funky, Fun & Fruity . ( I call this Duranish pink ) .

Photo by Tracey J Whitney

While I'm blaming people Makeup Majesty is responsible for my glitter gloss addiction.There are so many of you that inspire me to push on . I hope to highlight all of you in future posts. I'm lucky to belong to a kick arse blogging community.


I thought Id leave you with a little Boston grown Bubblegum pop. Just to tell my PTB readers " You got it ! ( The Right Stuff )" . Well yeah this a bubble gum post had to be a tad cheesy . So whats you're favorite bubblegum pop group ?  Favorite Bubble gum ?


3 comments:

  1. So funny (not the scented nail polish, no no no, maybe scented TV is next)

    but the bubble gum? I would do anything to blow that bubble. Can't, can't do that or snap my fingers

    The pain, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey Whitney ( pop trash beauty)July 10, 2011 at 11:27 PM

    @MG I think smello vision is on its way lol Perhaps there is an app for that ? I can't snap my fingers either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute post, I love this!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete