Saturday, July 2, 2011

Popping Zit Beauty ( Adult Acne )





Well in keeping with the Real Beauty Movement. My 36th birthday brought allot of self reflection into my life. It also brought me Adult Acne. Hence the title don't pop your zits. Adult acne is less forgiving in the arena of scaring. We arent kids anymore and our skin dont heal as quick as a teens. I remember working on counter and having women over the age of 35 asking me for advice on acne. They would be almost feeling guilty for dipping into there kids zit creams and face washes. Id tell them to go see there dermatologist. Make sure that they remembered to moisturize not dry out there skin too much. When I was a younger Pop Trash Beauty. I was that girl everyone hated for I never got plagued with teenage acne. So here is a brief overview of adult acne. I tried to keep it brief seeing that I get a little wordy when it comes to skincare.



I took some info from WebMD for us to read about adult acne


What Causes Adult Acne?



Adult acne is caused by sebum, an oily substance produced by the skin’s sebaceous glands. Sebum clogs pores, which attract bacteria and become inflamed. For some adults, breakouts are a result of hypersensitivity or overproduction of androgens (male hormones). But an imbalance in both male and female hormones (estrogen) can also cause breakouts. For women, this can happen during pregnancy, perimenopause, and menopause. Some medications, such as corticosteroids, and cosmetics can also contribute to the development of acne. ( via WebMD )



Here we always include our men friends in everything. They too suffer from adult acne as well . So boys we will help you too . Men and women's skin is different from each other . Yet allot of the treatments are the same . As always go to your dermatologist they can set you on a good treatment plan. I am washing with a oil free acne wash . Since this lightly exfoliates everyday, Ive cut my routine down to 2x a week with a sensitive skin exfoliate. Moisturizer Oil free its so very important to moisturize your skin. Your sebaceous glands are in overdrive. Your initial reaction is too dry out your skin. Don't dry out your skin its going to make your sebaceous glands work overtime to produce oil. Keeping your skin moisturized is going to help maintain the balance.  Here are some tips from WebMd





A Skin-Care Regimen for the Acne Prone

Believe it or not, there’s a trick to skillful face washing. To start, try to keep your face clean during the day. Then wash your face twice daily with the cleanser (if your skin is dry, try using water the second time). Use only warm water (hot water is drying). Wash for just 1-2 minutes (more can irritate your skin). And use your hands instead of a rough washcloth. (If you must wash with a cloth, choose one made for babies, so it’s as soft as possible.) ( via WebMD )




Here is a great YouTube talking about the products that are helpful to adult acne .










 So I have adult acne not a big deal . I will follow up with you let you know how it is going. Have you ever struggled with adult acne?

Next on Pop Trash Beauty our friend Nora from the blog Botoxey tagged us in a Top Ten Beauty Award. I will be showing my top ten beauty picks . Also be tagging some of you so be prepared. Here is a preview a pic of me wearing all of my top ten beauty products.




I couldnt think of a Duran Duran song that could be associated with acne. So I thought a taste of summer would be fitting dont you ?

5 comments:

  1. That Neutragena orange soap looks familiar. :)
    Seriously, thanks for the info. It's been boggling my mind why I still break out at 40.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and this just proves it men do read PTB lol :) You use this soap too ? Its the best !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look GLAM with your top 10 beauty products ;D

    Acne is the devil, it's so ANNOYING that it doesn't stop once you "escape" your teenage years.

    When was your birthday?? Happy belated birthday gorgeous *hughug

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes it's not acne actually ... it pays as an adult to have a dermatologist look at to make sure it isn't rosacea, which involves pimples, redness, flushing .. and is entirely different. It's treated with a sulphur face wash and if it can't be brought down straight away, there's MetroGel in two strengths and last resort (or first when you know it) is a super low dose antibiotic called Oracea (they contribute 25.00 toward the prescription even if you have insurance. Good to check in at least once with a doctor to make sure.

    ReplyDelete