Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Frizztastic Summer







I have read the emails asking me one simple question " What happened to your hair ? "  Yes in April I found the perfect color and cut for me. Seriously I never thought in a million years a hair style could do so much. Then here in the Northeastern United States wacky weather ensued as it has across the globe. The humidity no matter what product I used would kill my locks. I decided to get rid of the heat styling for the summer. Packing away my flat iron and blow dryer. I knew that this would be a very big change so why not have some fun with it.




I decided to rock my curly locks in a controlled messy boho look . I have embraced boho this summer just having fun. Though other times I like to get the preppy on so who knows . Labels are for clothes not Pop Trash Beauty I think anyway.


Having fun with Hats

I'm not a hat person at all . I love hats but some how they just don't jive on face. Ive found a couple that float my boat . I just recently purchased one in Village in NYC ( yes it makes me feel cool to say that . On the weekend doing my grocery shopping or hanging in the coffee shop. This hat really gets the job done keeping the frizz at bay and the sun off my face



The Bun

Yes its easy and looks good . After a shower I spray my hair with Aussie scrunch spray. Then comb it out in a sleek bun. It keeps me nice and cool. Is suitable for my office. Ive had a craving for pink hair feathers . Though we aren't allowed ( that was random but relevant to hair post )


Even though I'm going heat free and minimal product free this Summer . Here are some tips for you on how to have a less Frizztastic Summer .

1 . Wear a Hat
Helps protect your hair from the sun and humidity outside. Reducing the amount of frizz .

2. Conditioner Conditioner Conditioner
Did you get that you must use your conditioner especially this time of year .

3. Wash that Man right out of Your hair
Try to skip a washing or two . Dry shampoo is a modern marvel let me tell you. Nothing is better then letting your hairs natural oils get to work on the frizz.

4. Trim the Frizz
Get a trim split ends love to frizz out on you. While your there maybe a hot oil treatment wouldn't be a bad idea
5. H20
This is a no brainer keeping your body hydrated helps you all over your body. Even helps keep your hair healthy

Yes there are allot of products out there you can use. I'm looking into a 3 month straight treatment for the fall. For me personally I needed to give my hair the summer off . What is your favorite summer hair do?


<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FGYNvx9lqDQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3 comments:

  1. That hat is so cute! I love braids during the summer. Any kind, really. braided buns, french braids, a braided 'crown'. They give me a little bit of variety from my usual high buns or pony tails :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hat too! I don't suffer from frizz instead I get the fine hair you style and it's flat within a hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know its like a non hat persons hat LMAO.. I love french braids good idea ! xo Tracey

    ReplyDelete