Saturday, July 16, 2011

Pop Culture : What is Anime ?

1149162642_al_anime92_1_


My friends who are into Anime/Manga are devoted. Sometimes they will talk about it seems like there talking another language. Other than watching Sailor Moon. I never really got into Anime. So we are going to take a brief look Anime. For those of us who were afraid to ask our geek chic friends " What is Anime" . This post will merely scracth the surface of this fixture of pop culture.






anime [ˈænɪˌmeɪ]
n
(Performing Arts) a type of Japanese animated film with themes and styles similar to manga comics
[from Japanese]
( via Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged )


anime couple


Anime Pick Up Lines
I was looking for catch phrases. I really enjoyed these pickup lines. Use them if you're headed out to Comic Con . I got these from a site called Pick Up Lines Galore

Sometimes my friends call me Speed Racer, because adventure’s always waiting just ahead.

Why don’t we go back to my place and find my Dragonballs?

Why don't you come over to my house so we can watch a little Sailor Moon to get in the mood?

I promise, I can always find a girls G-Force.

I carry around my dead sister’s cell phone. Wanna sleep together?

I’m having the urge to grow several penis tentacles.





Japanese Animation dates back to circa 1917. Over the years many forms of Japanese animation followed it wasn't until the 1960's that we started to see the Anime we know today take shape. The " God Father of Anime/Manga " Was a Japanese Cartoonist named Osamu Tezuka.



In writing this post I got a view and insight into the world of Anime. Its interesting to find out that allot of the early anime was based on Disney characters. Anime has a cult following is also a big part of Japanese pop culture. I would say America has also taken to Anime. Conventions all over the world bring fans together. What I get from doing this post in an effort to understand Anime better. There seems to be something for everyone. How you fit into Anime culture is all up to you. Do you consider Anime Art or Cartoon ?

2 comments:

  1. I started to get interested in anime back when ninja scrolls and Ghost in the Shell came out but then just as sudden became not interested.

    I just have to say I'm so over Lady GaGa. Madonna was a much better inventor you almost waited holding your breath for her next incarnation. I'm guessing though the youth of the world and consumption is more of a see it now, want it now and then forget about it within mere minutes. So you would have to constantly change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that youre right .. It seems we have reached the nexus in the over the top department. I think there may be a return to simplicity. Where that girl singing at bars and birthday parties hits it big. Her simplicity would be key. They theyd tire of her also once she had the makeover and was processed through the machine -Tracey Whitney Pop Trash Beauty

    ReplyDelete