Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Royal Wedding Fever


Feeling Nostalgic you can own this for 9.99 on EBAY ( I've even provided the link below)

PRINCE CHARLES/LADY DIANA WEDDING PLATE-MYOTT-MEAKIN



   When Prince Charles and Lady Diana got married I was 7 years old it was summer vacation. My best friend and I were playing " Princess Wedding" all week with my moms slips over our heads as veils. I remember the day remarkable as it may seem. My mom woke me up at 6:00 am , she told me when I got older if I didn't wake up she too would have went back to bed. I shot out of bed with my Holly Hobie night gown on ready to see a real princess get married. I know you may find this hard to believe but I was a very expressive and bubbly child . I must have danced around the living room all morning. Looking at her flower girls wishing it was me with a wreath of fresh cut flowers on my head . Beautiful dresses to wear the whole day through. How on earth could I even proclaim any sort of association with pop culture and not write about this . I will have to miss this next Royal wedding due to the fact I am now a grown up dragging at work for a whole day isn't really an option for me.





William &a Kate



Since there wedding hasn't happened yet . What Caught me as I was surfing the net one night . I realized that I am not the only anglophile out there. Other then an extreme devotion to a the guyliner contingent. Also a love of everything Austen. As I write this I'm thinking of many cultural and historic things that I love about England so let's not play coy. I'm a full blown anglophile cant even rationalize it . I digress , there is allot of merchandise for this wedding. I think we should take a look at this stuff. I will provide the links in the captions so you too may own such things as royal wedding condoms.


Crown Jewels Condoms Prince William Kate Royal Wedding 49.99 free shipping


ERROR WILL & KATE WEDDING MUG HAS "HARRY & KATE" ERROR




PRINCE WILLIAM & KATE UNION JACK PLATES CUPS POPPERS


ROYAL WEDDING SILK KNICKERS BY BRITNIX SIZE S M L


So I thought I'd give you a peak at what is going in the ways of memorabilia.  We will do some more posts on the wedding what the bride wore all that jazz. So is there any sovenir your looking to purchase ? I think I'll wait till the after wedding sales. Since Princess Diana's favorite band was Duran Duran why not play a new Duran song to take us into the future.

7 comments:

  1. I love your story. Well of course we're in love with the handsome prince and the girl he loves whether her name is Rapunzel or Kate. It's a bit of magic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @madeline
    I think we all over due for a bit of magic :) xoxo Its nice to celebrate love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear god there is so much merchandise for the royal wedding! it will sure be something to remember! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did that too!!! Now I'm a bit older than you, me and my bestie hauled our own butts out of bed to watch. Fab! I thought I was the only one excited for this...Yah!
    Cupcake
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. @makeup magesty I may have to get up early.lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. @cupcake lol My mom kept saying its really early as if to talk me out of it.lol Im excited for it too we do need a bit of love celebration right now. yay! Okay I totally will have to get out of bed for this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Out of all the merchandise I want the frilly knickers LOL The condoms just for the kitche appeal lmao

    ReplyDelete