Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Ode to Velvet Orchid 405 Lipstick ( Happy #NationalLipstickDay )







This is a love story of a girl who meets the right lipstick. You notice it across a crowed makeup counter. The name of this lipstick was Velvet Orchid . Though it pains me to admit it I only tried Velvet Orchid for the name. I thought it was a merging of Andy Warhol and Nick Rhodes two iconic men of inspiration ( did I just write that oh well its done) . My love affair with Velvet Orchid was to be sweet and brief for the Queen Estee Lauder banished it too the land of discontinued. Now to see my sweet love I must go to eBay to find the surviving tubes who evaded the exile.   I think of a quote from another man of inspiration William Shakespeare. In the play Romeo and Juliet  the pinnacle story of unrequited love when Juliet says "What's in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet."  .So there you have it my favorite lipstick Velvet Orchid  by Estee Lauder. Parting is indeed such sweet sorrow.  I've posted some snaps of my happy times with Velvet Orchid. I got one tube in the freezer for a special occasion.









No comments:

Post a Comment