Monday, November 24, 2014

Favorite Thanksgiving Grub

Pop Trash Beauties Favorite Thanksgiving Grub  



It’s that time of year that Americans take time to reflect on what we are thankful for. I will say I've always been relatively good cook. Some of my best learning experiences have been over holidays. In college I tried to help a friend cook a turkey for her family. We ( A) didn't defrost the turkey properly so had to leave it in the sink with running water over night ( yes that was not responsible usage of water. ) (B) We left what is traditionally called the giblet sack in the turkey. This was in the 90’s so we didn't have a computer to ask. We were too proud to call our parents. So we called the Butterball hotline. This hotline isn't an urban myth. The battle of the turkey was lost but not fondly forgotten.

The Butterball team is available to help you Monday - Friday, from 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. EST.
Call 1-800-BUTTERBALL (800-288-8372)
* Option 3 - How to prepare and serve your holiday meal
* Option 4 - Butterball Products-Promotions-Nutrition-General Topics

My family is very casual at Thanksgiving we don’t sit at long grandiose tables with candles adorning centerpieces. When you come to a Thanks giving with us no matter who is hosting. You’ll walk into a active kitchen. Basically roll up your sleeves you’ll have a job. Here is some of my favorite food. ( I understand that some of this food isn't politically correct) . Just some classics that I have fallen for over the years. We are very blessed to be able to have abundance and family in this day in age. I've hyper linked the recipes for you.





Jell-O Cake  We can usually tell how potential spouses will fare in our family, on the reaction to the Jell-O cake.

PIE (except minced meat, my aunties say when I get older I’ll love it. Since I’m kissing 40 soon don’t think it’s going to happen)

Ocean Spray Canned Cranberry Sauce (Jelly) 




Next on the blog... 

11/25/2014    I Heart Ronson Bulldog ( Cadillac Ronson)  Sweatshirt 
11/27/2014    Pop Chic Boutique on Chelsea Row 
11/28/2014    Loving Your Curves Baby 

1 comment:

  1. You have us laughing so hard ... What are "Politically Correct " foods. I like the quirky spin you put on your posts. We were quoting you the other day saying I liken it too . Happy Thanksgiving Sweetie!! Please keep posting been missing you
    Mona & Stan

    ReplyDelete