Monday, October 20, 2014

Binge Watching the Gilmore Girls

I've been binge watching shows for years thanks to Hulu. It all started with the short lived critically acclaimed  " My So Called Life "  then the " X-Files " .

The strange thing with binge watching is this kinda weird binge watching guilt. Were there others out there binge watching television shows? 

Well the Gilmore Girls a popular dramedy that enjoyed a 7 season run. A single mother from a privileged background breaks free of her parents at age 16 with her new baby for a colorful eccentric Connecticut town called " Stars Hollow" her name is Loralie Gilmore and her daughter of the same name yet is called Rory find life there. As Rory grows up into a gifted teenager her mother brings her back into the world she fled 15 years prior. When she procures a loan for a private school Chilton that will help her daughter fast track to Harvard . The loan paid by the parents has one agreement that they attend Friday night dinners weekly at Emily and Richard Gilmores home. 

Most people know this about the show but some don't . I watched the show when it came out . Though after season 2 my life got busy being a women in my mid 20's at the time. So for the past month I watched all 7 seasons. Though midway through season 7 I had to stop the story line was going all wrong . Strange but through my Odessy of watching the show I was in a good mood . I somehow wanted to revisit old literary gems even Tolstoy. Going to Stars Hollow each night to me was a retreat from a stressful world . I knew my time there would end with the last season. Though if you get caught up make sure you brace yourself for the second part of season 7 . The original writers left the show and your can tell.  Put the Gilmore girls on your binge watching list. If I lived in Stars Hollow I'd run the beauty store and eat at Luke's Dinner everyday . 

No comments:

Post a Comment