Sunday, October 5, 2014

There is no age limit on Sequins ( shopping with mom )

I love my mom , we have a typical mother daughter relationship ( well as typical as any one could be ) though when we go shopping together. It gets interesting to say the least I've broken down these remarks into a top 5 
1. " Oh maybe a couple more months at the gym , and you might wear that" 
2. " I think it's ugly , so I know you'd like it " 
3. " That would look good on your cousin she is tall " 
4 ." Wear earrings with that it looks you , know a bit masculine " ( camo pants that are super cute ) 
5 . " it's a bit tight in the belly , maybe next year " 

So yes she believes this is helpful , though today she said to the shop girl " these sequin shoes would have looked good on my daughter 10 years ago. She is too old now " Say what ? I quickly said no you are never to old for sequins. She debated this with me . She said maybe the holidays but really. I told her that women in my generation dress funky even with babies on our hips. Bright colors and sparkle don't stop just cause your in the later 30's . I'm not going shopping for a fancy track suit yet. We really had a great discussion about her generation and mine . She told me when you got older you chopped off your hair got more conservative in your dress. She has always dressed well but she felt like I wasn't toning it down at the appropriate age.  I honestly don't think ill ever tone it down. So what do you think , about dressing for your age ? 


No comments:

Post a Comment