Monday, March 24, 2014

Ten Guilty Pleasures






I was talking to an old friend today. We got on the topic of guilty pleasures as in television shows , bands , and clothing. Yes the things that your friends and family tease you about. Some we even keep to ourselves would cringe if ever revealed. This week because I've got the affliction of blog block we are going to post about the seven deadly sins.  Starting with Ten Guilty Pleasures I have to say mine are boring. Im not very exciting maybe borderline lame by some standards. Tell me some of your guilty pleasures do we share some?


 1. Reality Television ( Is it really reality television anymore ? I think its scripted )  

The Only Way is Essex 
My boyfriend is not a big TOWIE fan though I am. I say you can love your wrestling and I'll love TOWIE/ I have no idea how to explain it but I just love it . Last summer I discovered this living British soap opera on Hulu. Being out of work depressed needed some kind of life. Needing escapism from the stress so I found it in The Only Way is Essex. I will be honest when I watched the first episode I thought this is so mad cheesy why am I watching it. Three days later after binge watching 4 seasons of this show. I wanted more episodes so did my other fellow Hulu viewers. The comments section was loaded with all of us begging them for the additional seasons. My boyfriend lives in England so he told me to go on the ITV site and watch from there yet there site is blocked in America. Eventually Hulu gave us new seasons I'm happy to report on a regular basis. This is my guilty pleasure for sure. My other reality television vices are Duck Dynasty, Sister Wives and Americas Next Top Model ( I was on Honey Boo Boo Child kick but I was able to quit ) 




2. Candy
I am supposed to be on a sugar , gluten , dairy , meat free life style yet sugar will bring me to my knees. Right now I am battling the Easter candy wars. Twizzlers have been a favorite for years . I have gotten better with the candy but somehow I give in from time to time I dabble. ( Even though I feel bloated and disgusting its worth it)


3. Head Bands
Yes there is nothing wrong with headbands. I have what they call a 4 finger forehead in the modeling industry.  ( This is the only desirable modeling industry quality I have ) Which is good in those circles yet in real life its kinda like the fun house mirror look. I look horrible in headbands though I love love love them. My favorite look is my hair in a high bun with a headband. What I love about them is that they keep the fly aways and wispys out of my face. They do nothing for my face but make my head look big and egg like. Yet I cant stop wearing and buying.
                                             Gif via tumblr

4 . John Hughes Movies
This is a guilty pleasure indeed that I will have for the rest of my natural life. I always wanted to be Andie in Pretty in Pink though I totally would have married Duckie in the end.

5. Katy Perry
I am a very eclectic music fan. I collect vinyl most of my friends are die hard music snobs. Some of them write for music magazines. So my love of Katy Perry is not very popular among them. Though I cant help myself I just dig her music , style , attitude.

6. Coffee
I am a coffee snob blame it on my Swedish heritage or a trip to Seattle at 16 when I was introduced to cappuccino. Coffee has become a part of my identity .


7. Pabst Blue Ribbon
I love this beer no matter what city your in its cheap. I also just love the taste . Yes its Hipster beer though I don't care I love it .( I drink about once a year or when Duran Duran is on tour )

8 . Fluffernutter
This is a New England favorite by far peanut butter and marshmallow fluff in a sandwich. In the winter I usually have one . Brings back happy childhood memories.

9. Yoga Pants
I wear them entirely too much out of the gym. I just love them I just like being comfy when Im running errands though I have been not partaking as much.



10.Cats
I own one big spoiled tabby cat . I love cat people , clothes , youtubes I am all about the cat culture . On a sad day I'm one of those schmucks watching wacky cat videos on youtube. Im so thrilled the cat culture is so mainstream. Cat Ladies are considered chic . ( In my universe they are chic as hell ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment