Monday, March 24, 2014

Deadly Sins Posts #1 Envy ( Attack of the Green Eyed Monster )





If you have noticed these aren't in order we will cover all of the deadly sins. Why am I doing this ? I have blogger block thought giving myself 7 days of structure would help. I am working on a book review " It " by Alexa Chung had to read it again. If your not a fan of Chung you may not understand it fully though I am enjoying the book its an interesting look into a public persons life. I haven't forgotten will be out this week.

 Envy is all around us our society practically forces us to be envious. Honestly as a blogger to stay in the know I have to read allot of publications also follow allot of blogging superstars, designers, socialites, artists , musicians. So yes there are days when I do my normal review of the tweets and instagram posts that the green eyed monster does rear its head. I mean for instance the other day I had to dig change out of my couch cushions to get a tube of toothpaste. Then I was forced to read about young women prancing around London's flower markets in there 500.00 Charlotte Olympia shoes , eating colorful macrons looking immaculate beautiful and successful.  I could sit there be bitter say why them not me. Then I realize it isnt my path to do this sort of thing. That my hard work will pay off one day that I should never give up. Instead of compare and despair  move on and learn. I believe our path is made up of a bunch of different detours that culminate in our destiny. Everyone's path will be different. You have to understand that you don't know everyone's story behind the flowers , sweet treats and expensive cute shoes maybe challenges that you couldn't comprehend .  Its hard but you'll only be miserable if you give in to envy.  I try hard not to be envious when it visits I try to run in the opposite direction. If your not familar with TED talks then get acquainted they have really enriched my life. Inspiring stories from amazing people its some of the best therapy on the net. If you have 13 minutes give this a watch above.

No comments:

Post a Comment