Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sassy Spring How I Love Thee ( What I love about Spring )



Its been a long winter for all of us . I saw a gaggle of robins hanging outside my house yesterday. I actually cheered said welcome robins its been so long. This college girl giggled and agreed. What can I say geek is my name geeking out is my game. So shall we talk about spring how amazing it is. What I love love about spring.
Flowers in Your Hair 
I have been obsessed with flower wreaths worn in your hair. I noticed this trend springing up at music festivals years ago. I may be too old but I have been trying to think of excuses to rock out a daisy chain in my hair. So my birthday is in May going to wear it out with my friends. Its going to be my 39th so why not have some flower power. Im so over the tiara.

Peeps ( Easter Candy) 
I usually eat pretty clean and healthy some how I'm brought to my knees when easter candy arrives on the store shelves. My favorite is Peeps there colors , cuteness and artistic qualities seem to merge into an addiction for me. I make peep art as allot of you know. I prefer to leave my peeps in the air for a bit so there crunchy. Its a guilty pleasure so I dial up the kale during peep season.

Pretty Nails 
I sure do love the spring colors on my nails and toes it makes me feel chirpy. I have been attracted to mint green colors this year. Essies " Fashion Playground" is no longer a lust its a must.

Cochella 
I've never gone in person though been a big fan of Cochella for years. Youtube does a live stream with a schedule so I grab a Pabst Blue Ribbon ( My friends tease me about it being " hipster beer" ) . Rock out a sundress and dance in my living room. You should also follow it on twitter and instagram it kinda adds to the fantasy that your there. I honestly feel like I've been there numerous times.

Record Store Day
Music Geek Christmas !! There are special releases, cool people, bands and just good old fun. Wonder if you have music fans in your town as die hard as you ? Go to Record Store Day you'll meet them there . My dream Record Store Day would be going to Amoeba records. Its enormous the coolest music artist attend seems like allot of fun. What I love the most is your helping small business in your area. So in your town make sure your tweet them. Sometimes people don't know there is a good music store in there area. I'll post the complete Record Store Day list from Pitchfork Media via a link.  

Spring Colors 
After wearing dark colors all winter its nice to break out with pretty pastels. I always love seeing the hues change out and about in the city. Its just so invigorating to shed the heavy sweaters and breath. I wear neon pink every year. As a bright way of saying hello spring baby

Farmers Markets 
The farmers markets spring up again. Fresh local produce comes back with a vengeance to make you healthy. Sometimes its cheaper to go to a farmers markets. You get a better quality of produce you know where its grown. This is not restricted to trendy rich people place allot of Farmers markets take Transitional Assistance .  So don't be afraid to partake in fresh fruits and vegetables. You can freeze , can some of them. I make a soup in my slow cooker with lentils and veggies it freezes beautifully I am able to eat it anytime over rice. You can be healthy on a budget its just all about planning. Stuffed Peppers are also a great meal in themselves make them with black beans instead of meat. Its cheaper without meat you can make a whole big batch freeze them eat them throughout the month.


Thrift Store Christmas 
Colleges let out for Summer if you live in a college town this is a wonderful time to get some high end designer threads for a fraction of the cost. This is the time of years the kids donate to thrift stores. Some international students and out of state kids don't want to lug a years accumulation home. So make sure to check thrift and consignment shops near colleges like a hawk. There will be an abundance of great stuff at rock bottom prices. My best find was a pair of jeans that retail at 150.00 . I took home for hold on to your hats 5.00 . They were hardly worn at all make my legs look long . ( Im short so I dig this aspect )  . I will warn you check the crotches of the pants to ensure they are clean.( We keep it real here at PTB , I would tell my girlfriends to check the crotch area) .  Id also check items for signs of bed bugs too. Just go with your gut if it seems gross it is. Bed bugs are the size of a apple seed so can be seen with the naked eye. I restore vintage / used purses so I check for them all the time. Also look in linings of clothes for bed bug egg casings. If you see any of them leave the shop. Before getting in your vehicle check your clothing , handbag, anything else of note. Bed bugs don't discriminate you got blood they like you.  Most establishments are very vigilant about bed bugs and check garments before they hit the sales floor but just keep your eyes open.

Remember to enjoy spring go outside and play enjoy yourself. Take time to exeprience the beauty of the flowers , take time to smell them. Even splash in a puddle or two I believe we all need to just look silly at times . Thats what spring fever is all about getting outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment