Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Random Life Post : Cute Cookies

Who likes to go to the doctor? I say depends on the visit. After being sick with cold and tonsillitis this winter. I have been a frequent return customer. After my appointment I went to the snack bar to get a coffee for my trip home. When I noticed so cute cookies they made me smile. Even busy doctors rushing by looked down at them and smiled. A group of nuns hovered over them trying to figure out the recipe. In the 80's once a month my mom would have her friends over for coffee. Id liken it to a PTA meeting with attitude. They sometimes would hold a dem for makeup or Tupperware.  The morning of these gatherings we would go to this bakery to get little pastries for the get together. She always let me choose a cookie from the case. They were cute cookies too . Cartoon characters of the time drawn in frosting on a sugar cookie. I always opted for the Cookie Monster or Big Bird. I always looked forward to it they had pink pastry boxes that they would tie up with string ( I just started humming The Sound of Music "Favorite Things " )  We always seemed to get the same women she'd take a little box for mine to make me feel special. My mom and I would walk out of the bakery I felt grown to be carrying the same pink box in hand as her. When I saw the cookies they gave we the warm feeling of childhood. Even though money is tight I bought one . I opted for the pink poodle it made me happy for some reason. No cute pink box just plastic wrapping into my purse. Yes the adult in me was admonishing me in my brain. Not the time to be impulse shopping. I ignored it for a moment decided to just let my 2.00 purchase ride. It seemed to lift my spirits on a day that was gloomy and rushed. When I told a friend she said only you would buy a cookie because it was cute. I got a little peer teasing as to tell me it was ridiculous. Then she softened said to me" I bought a little smurfette the other day to make me smile in my cubical , so you have cute cookies I have smurfs. So I think everyone has something "   So what is your something ?  Is there that little item that you see or have seen that just brings you a little happy ?  This is indeed a very random life post but it has been a while .

No comments:

Post a Comment