Tuesday, December 25, 2012

My Top 2012 Top 5 Music Addictions






Since I started doing Through the Night  on Total Radio UK . I realized I had fallen into a music rut. Everyday I read the trade magazines for my show.  I was sticking to the same artists and genres that I was used to. Being a self proclaimed music geek this was a bit disconcerting for me. Aside of the radio station  I've found other artists from facebook artist pages I frequent. Some of them were rediscovered to be honest. I know to some of you have known these artists for years. It was a happy surprise for me to acquire some music addictions this year. I mentioned only 5 but there are many others . Remember to tune in for my Radio Show Through the Night everyday 8pm EST on Total UK Radio. Id be so pleased to have you come by.



Jessie Ware 
 singer song writer signed to PMR records . She hold a English 
literature degree at Sussex University, Brighton . She started out provided backing 
vocals to other artists . Her album Devotion hit in August of 2012 . She is big in the 
UK is starting to hit the United States. So keep your eyes and ears open for Jessie 
Ware 




Lady Cylew
"A taste for the dark but beautiful. A voice that will not leave indifferent, striking and penetrating the pores. This deep and haunting chemistry created by the lyrics to the melodies, mixed and fixed in melancholia bears each song with it's own life and identity that will echo in the listeners ear. CyLeW's music is a window into emotions, a passage through the grim an ugly, the sad but attractive." ( via http://www.reverbnation.com/cylew ) 
Keep your eyes out for this artist she is amazing 





Julian Lennon
Everything Changes the acclaimed album by Julian Lennon will be available for world wide release in early 2013 . Lennon just came off a successful exhibit of his Photography called "Alone" at the Art Basel in Miami. Lennon also provided the backing vocals for Aerosmiths new Album  “Music From Another Dimension!”  on the track " LUV XXX" If you lost touch with Julian in the 80's this is a great time to rediscover this constantly evolving artist. Visit his website to view his Photography collections , Charities , brand new webstore . http://www.julianlennon.com/


Gregory Darling
Much of ‘Coloured Life’, the new album by Gregory Darling, is so instantly memorableit suggests that Darling is wired into some illegal song-writing machine. And when Darling sings “I’m gonna take the ride of my life/Take my mind up to the sky” on ‘Ride Of My Life’- the first single to be taken from the album – you know he is emoting with some kind ofauthority. Back when popular music was a tangible threat to the establishment, Darlingnotoriously turned down countless record deals (£1.5 million from EMI/SBK and even more lucrative offers from A & M, RCA and Capitol Records) and ‘Ride Of My Life’ surely documents  his synopsis and yet proves something else: a pure blast of classic, euphoric popular music is what the world’s been waiting for 
 ( Via / Bio  http://www.gregory-darling.com/bio/ )  



Emeli Sande

"Emeli Sandé, is a soul and R&B recording artist and songwriter signed to Virgin 
Records. A former medical student, Sandé appeared as a guest vocalist on Professor 
Green's 2011 UK #1 single Read All About It and soon went on to achieve her own 
chart success with her first solo release Heaven, which debuted in the UK Singles Chart at 
#2. Her debut album Our Version of Events was released on 12th February 2012. "  

( Via Guardian UK ) 



Gaz Coombes 

"Gareth Michael "Gaz" Coombes (born 8 March 1976 in Oxford) is an English musician and singer-songwriter, best known as the lead vocalist and guitarist of the English alternative rock band, Supergrass. He first entered the music scene aged sixteen as the lead singer of the band The Jennifers which featured Supergrass band mate Danny Goffey. Gaz was noticeable for his large sideburns during the 1990s." 


No comments:

Post a Comment