Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Kiss of French Culture ( Bastille Day )

Bastille Day 2012  Paris France  photo by Taliassima



I wrote a post celebrating french style and culture . When I first started Pop Trash Beauty . To this day it has received the most hits then any other post I've written. This leads me to believe that we truly love the french way of life. All the fun we have been having on the Pop Trash Beauty facebook page has been tres chic. So to end this Bastille Day lets celebrate french style and culture . Id like to thank my friend Talia for inspiring this post today.  I will say this is just a taste of french culture. Like a sip off a good french wine.



Music 

Total Radio UK gave me the french top 100 Singles .  Here is a look at Shy'm was on the list of hot french singles.  Tamara Marthe (born on 28 November 1985), better known as Shy'm  She released her debut album,Mes Fantaisies, in 2006 which rose to #6 in the French chart. To date, four songs from the album have been released as singles, all of which charted in the top 10 in France. The song has Fashionista in it that is a universal word on this blog. 



>




We asked Julian Lennon via his fb  about Paris food , culture
He summed it up in one perfect sentence
I think Paris is the most Beautiful city in the World... ;) "



Many gifts come from the world of blogging two years ago . I started a friendship with an amazing american writer living in Paris Talissima. She has been one of the biggest supporters of PTB. Has most imporant become a friend. Someday we will hang in Paris together create some crazy art. I thought it would be fitting to ask her about Paris beauty seeing she has her hand on the pulse of it in her daily life. Talia our paris corespondent gives us the low down on Fashion and beauty in Paris .



An everyday French look:


Photo by Taliassima






1) Nice-fitting jeans - preferably dark blue - crisp white shirt or slouchy t-shirt, blazer.
2) Fifites style bubble skirt, simple but bodycon tee or crisp shirt.

For both, accessories make or break the outfit:
Heels or low boots - both work!
Scarf is a must accessory! 
Handbag is classic: Longchamp tote, Chanel 2.55 or a Hermes Kelly or Birkin (most people can't afford Hermes, of course! But there are a lot of good knockoffs by nice brands). 
Jewelry is understated yet makes a statement: stud or simple loop earrings, stacked bracelets, large watch. Bracelets can be replaced by a statement necklace. Never both at the same time!

They manage to take all this and make it look "just thrown on" and subtle!







Beauty products




BB creams are all the rage right now. L'Oreal makes a good, affordable one, but Dior has received the best reviews.

No one can survive without their water spray! There's Evian, Avene and La Roche Posay, of course, but my favorite is by a brand called Uriage. I remember the Pussycat Dolls telling me that they stocked up on Uriage products (paraben free!) every time they came to Paris! It also makes a great face wash that I use! 

Nails are coral this season, and bright red is still very hot! Most popular polish brand is Essie, followed by OPI. 

Mascara is a must. Diorshow is a favorite. 



Liquid eyeliner gives feline eyes. It's a whole statement in itself so mascara is very subtle. 

Make-up for day is basic earth tones; for night it's smoky. 

Lips are bitten (I love Dior's Glow lipstick) or siren red.

Blush is subtle - used to highlight. Coral or pink are popular. Terracotta is now very subtle. It's used to 



highlight. Otherwise it looks like a (bad) fake tan!


Photo by Taliassima " women usually have one statement bag and stick with it. Gerard Darel's bag is very popular amongst all age groups as are the Longchamp totes. They're affordable, are excellent brands and last for years.
Marc By Marc Jacobs is popular too."
   Talia 


Hair is simple by day and glam by night!


L'Oreal's EverLast is popular now because it's silicone-free. 

They're also big on hair masks here, like Kerastase. 

There's also a hair oil by Leonor Greyl that's expensive but a best-seller. 

Photo by Taliassima 






Street Art  One thing that I love about any city is the street art. I like to think of it a modern cave paintings. Telling us the real story of a city. No glossy tourism brochure will ever reveal to you a cities beating heart like street art will it tells the story.


So this was your kiss of french culture in honor of Bastille Day .I really wanted to explore more, indeed there is so much more . A simple kiss always has you wanting more. Speaking of kisses  I asked some of our Facebook followers what they liked about French culture . Never do you disappoint my little vixens . Shelly Williams and Maggie Bridges both told me Kissing .  oh la la my beauties . We shall do another post about food and art like I said a kiss with that I say au revoir  beauties.  





4 comments:

  1. Tray Tray you are cray cray. We loved Bastille Day on your fb page. You have been working so hard on your page. I really think you are doing it. You have managed to take all those skill sets an comprise them into a body of work. I think everyone will agree Sunday shut down the computer come hang out. I'm sure Julian,Duran and the Beauties will be fine for a day. You have to be tired. We will make you some fake meat sit out on the deck. I will even let you hug a tree without judgement. Proud of you!
    Ian and CC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm headed out you are too sweet. What happened lol Thank you for the kind words I'm going with my gut on this one. Its scary but rewarding. J , duran and the beauties most likely need a break from me lol. Its work but I love it . I have new respect for anyone starting a fb page. You have to plan, engage most of all love it. We have press coming out next month it looks like which is going to be interesting. I have to learn though balance is key. You can't talk about your reflections on life if your not out living it. you both mean so much to me xo

      Delete
  2. I'm a little vixen,huh? I like that!! ;)I enjoyed all your Bastille Day posts... Thanks for All your hard work!xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you are a vixen ! I love hanging with you at Total. Maggie taught us well :D I'm trying to build something good. I want women and men to just love who they are quirks and everything. Thanks for all your support xo seriously you rock it out hardcore

      Delete