Saturday, April 14, 2012

Art : Amateur Observations of Life NYC

I have been asked to share my art with you. While I unearth some of my paintings for you. Ive been dabbling with taking pictures for the past couple of years. I use the word dabble strongly. These arent pro by any means just observations of life . Taking snippets of life in motion. I uploaded some of my New York pictures from last summer toYoutube. I'm working on a couple more . I am being encouraged to show you more of very own expression. Pure of any inspiration other than life.
I feel in love with this end of the city. Every twist and turn showed me an arty urban real life beauty. Only in NYC can you take a picture of frayed posters on a wall. People some how get it . While there I noticed I wasnt the only one. Even locals were documenting there coffee of the day. I must also add we were't the only ones taking pictures of our Pinkberry snack. I feel very quite when I walk the streets of NYC . I just want to absorb it all. We really did walk about ten miles a day. This was my first real trip to NYC as a tourist. I usually previously went there for a class , show , visit friends. Really never to do the tourist thing. A local told me I live here and never really go see everything. So this is a moment when we were hot and tired just needed to sit in the grass. In the shade of trees relaxing on a summer afternoon.

 I was so proud of myself for walking across the Brooklyn bridge for some reason. Its like a milestone in your life . I will tell you that in the middle of the bridge there is a gentalman who sells cans of sodas and bottled water for 4 dollars . He is brilliant for on the way across the bridge with my water in hand. I said " no freaking way four dollars" On the way back thirsty and hot. I gave in an purchased one. He ran out two waters after us. The smartest business man in NYC isn't on Wall Street he is in the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge. I didn't get a pic of him yet I thought it was worth a mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment