Monday, April 16, 2012

Music : The Beatles Awakening

A picture from last summers boho attempt 
I've always loved the Beatles as a music fan. I just never had my moment with them were the connection was made. Most music fans know of this moment I speak of . Where it all clicks the planets align . How many more metaphors can I use ? Sometimes we have music in our lives that we love . Is it strange that I didn't understand the pure magic of it? I think musically I've had this strange growing up phase. I've been trying over the past six years to really understand the music I love. I've been reading allot of books about genres I'm interested in.  I was trying to make the progression into checking out new artists as of recent. About a year ago I was finding some pretty good stuff I will admit. Well via John Ryan Gallagher aka @gallaghermeow  playlists this is one band he turned me on too Holy Ghost . See movement foward.
 





 I was listening to music on youtube which seems to be my favorite way to do so right now. I wanted to hear Eleanor Rigby for I felt like it was fitting to my early mid life crisis that is ensuing at this very moment . ( I can even admit that its a pathetic waste of time. Its a normal stage of development for cat ladies )  Then the disgrace, I missed a Beatles song completely it was a song they did in 1994 for the Anthology  . John Lennon had originally wrote the song it had not been released.  Free as a Bird was a song most Lennon fans knew of . They took an old mono cassette sent to them by Yoko Ono which Jeff Lind carefully extracted Lennon's vocals and Piano performance. They we able to stay true to Lennon also giving it that Beatles feel and sound. The late George Harrison said of it " Sounds like the way we sound now" ( Can we tell I was taking notes while watching the Beatles Anthology.)  I am in utter shock that I had never heard this song before. I can't stop listening to it . I liken it to my music binges of the past. Admit it you all have had them that song that just goes on repeat. I'm sure the music elite are ready to pelt me with stinky tomato's. ( Im sure for other parts of this blog included)   I deserve it for a person that claims to be a music fan should have this awakening in my 30's. I never said I was a good music fan as you elite musicaratti. When I write this I picture this guy with an ironic mustache , wearing a flannel shirt hurling organic tomatoes at me. I've been listening to the White album today loving every minute of it . I am loving that all there songs seem new to me for some reason. I still love my guyliner ( Duran Duran)  but of course. Yet sometimes you have to explore sometimes something old is new again.  You wanted more " real me " posts so here you go. So have you ever experienced a musical  awakening ?





No comments:

Post a Comment