Thursday, March 1, 2012

Modern Topsy Tail

I've been in my secret makeup laboratory cooking up some looks ( aka my bathroom)  I was surfing the net reading about Paris fashion week. I found this video on " The Modern Topsy Tail"  I wore a topsy tail in the 1990's . Yes for those wee beauties who were just born then . I will provide a youtube video for you my little pups. The topsy tail was one of those inventions that you wish you'd thought of look below as we gear up in our beauty time machines to look at the original Topsy Tail .

So now back to 2012 . Where we will learn that you don't need $12.95 to create a high fashion look in minutes. I did try this look I have to report that I love it .



She is right about the dry shampoo. I have medium length curly hair it looked pretty funky yet put together
Give it a try let me know how you like it ? I love the presenters necklace in the video in a random side note.

A song from my favorite Duran Duran album . Hence the name of the blog inspired by a song on the Album.


4 comments:

  1. The blog design is delicious ... nice visit back in time for the topsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Happy to see you my friend :) Did you ever wear a topsy ?

      Delete
  2. that's really cute! I'm always looking for something different to do with my hair. I definitely had the Topsy Tail and wore it often as a kid. This is a nice update! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many of us had topsy tails . Your so right now we know the updated version :) One thing I loved about the 90's/80's were all the hair toys crimpers , bender curlers, steam curlers, topsy tail. Wonder what the update to the Bump it will be lol

      Delete