Sunday, March 4, 2012

Adventures in Home Hair Color



Yeah this towel is from 1991 it can be
a hair color catcher 

Well I just got laid off from my job. I knew that Id have to make some cuts. One of them would have to be foils. I hadn't used home hair color in the longest time. I'd become addicted to salon services to be honest. That feeling of walking out of the salon, feeling new and shiny. Id  liken it to being in a 1980's hair commercial. With job interviews and meetings with those in the beauty biz. I had to do something about my hair. There was a new trend called the ombre where your roots were dark the ends light. I could get away with it for a bit. Though as you'll see below I was pushing it. So I bought some hair color at CVS today decided to do it myself. In the past would have wholes and patches in my dye jobs. A friend of mine just told me how she hasn't gone to the hair stylist in months. She learned how to cut her hair from a youtube video. I've used youtubes in the past as learning tools . So I watched about ten of them from them. I learned one important tip, that its all about how you section your hair. I didnt use the product she used, yet thought the process was very good







 This video offered what I was looking for sectioning of the hair. I didnt have a hair brush like she did , yet I had a toothbrush . This was a bit cumbersom to say the least. I did take the advice also the wise Madeleine Gallay check her blog with a new name   Madeleine Gallay -A Real Life Fashion Fairy Tale  thanks to her not too much dripping and staining at all. So here are the pics I managed to get .
In need of one color  , I cant even get away
with saying its ombre anymore
Bubba : You sure that color is right for you ?
applying the Vaseline
No turning back now. I couldnt get allot of 
snaps due to the glove and color
In 30 minutes I'll know if I need to call 
the salon in the morning to fix me


Allot darker than I thought it works . I'll miss the foils
Its nice having one color for a change


I tweeted as I colored my hair . It was a slow Saturday night here at the Pop Trash Beauty house. Yeah having Tapas with my friends isn't in the budget either. So my question is this . Is there any beauty service you do yourself to save money ? I saved about 85.00 dollars tonight.

I thought a very colorful video would be in order for my little pups xo
John Taylor Bass man for Duran Duran colored his hair today too. Check out his lockerz photo here John Taylor's Photo on Lockerz




3 comments:

  1. I too usually dye my hair at home. I don't do nail polish that often any more but when I did I would do my nails at home also. Reverse french manicure was fun perhaps it was a YT video but you use punch hole protectors to create the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful ... nice work. Really think that sodium laurel free shampoos/conditioners help colored hair from oxidizing. Thanks for the mention, sweetie. Coming back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair grew out so quickly! I can't believe the highlights were where they were!

    Love the color! x

    ReplyDelete