Monday, March 19, 2012

1940 Guide to Glamour (feat Miss Ratherly Stern)

Gram Theresa and Grampie Carl 
My Gram  turned 90 today made me feel nostalgic. I was looking through some vintage makeup guides. In the 1940's my Gram Theresa was a newlywed starting a family. She told me of all the crazy things they used to do in the name of beauty. She told me they were more concerned with putting food on the table in those days. Though even to this day she has to get her hair done regularly. So in my search for some vintage makeup how to guides. I came across this youtube channel and blog called Glamour Daze. My mom was laughing at these she thinks my facination with educational films is odd. ( Allot of you know of my love , of the Coronet Educational Films )  There were a collection of videos. That I enjoyed the most narrated by Miss Ratherly Stern ( I don't know if that is fictional name) 


I wanted to share these gems with all of you . When I watched them it may seem a but old fashioned but the principles are good. Now just think we have millions of people telling us how to look. With the advent of new media . I think I would have been the women in the " what not to do examples" 












Now back to our time.

1 comment: