Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Duran Duran Appreciation Day #duranduran


 Duran Duran is a very addictive gateway drug that is healthy to all that is current and happening in Music , Art , Culture & Literature. There humanitarian efforts as the many charities they support are also noteworthy. They also inspired this blog which is appreciated by me. I thought we would take some time to appreciate them. Simply say Thank You Duran Duran





Duran Duran Inspired Makeup Look ( Girl Panic)



What I did for Duran Duran Appreciation Day :  I set my Alarm to Reach Up For the sunrise . I purchased a Dunkin Donuts coffee which there initials are DD so there you go. I went to work which I made money so I am able to see them in NYC ( also pay my rent ) . I got a manicure with a silver blue nail polish. Tonight I will watch my Greatest DVD . I donated 10.00 to a charity they support . Now I am writing this blog post .




Music Appreciation- Not only does Duran Duran make incredible music. Did you know that some of the hottest acts in the music business today. Were influenced by Duran Duran. Duran has noticed these artist and supported them. There is a trickle down effect to this . When Duran Duran likes a band 9 out of ten times there fans will love and support them to . I got this list off the Duran Duran to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame  the site says research is ongoing by  Donna Searle ( good job Donna ) Visit the site also Christian who runs the site and spear heads the efforts to induct Duran Duran into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should be commended on all the work he does on he site. Even if you not into Duran Duran you most likely dig one of these artists . With out knowing it you appreciate them too.






Barenaked Ladies
Beck
Jonathan Davis of KoЯn
Garbage
Gwen Stefani
No Doubt
Gavin Rossdale
Bush
Wyclef Jean
Marilyn Manson
Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit
The Orb
Pink have all cited Duran Duran as a key band in their formative years in music
Mark McGrath of Sugar Ray
Dido
Franz Ferdinand
Lostprophets
Goldfrapp
The Killers ( list via
Duran Duran to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame )






Scarf Appreciation - John Taylor I appreciate you implementing the Man Scarf into your wardrobe this year.



Album Appreciation - I appreciate the new album you gave us . All You Need Is Now 13th studio album. This album is amazing they had a real Duran Duran fan working on the album Mark Ronson. Should be in rotation in every music fans collection.





Voice Appreciation - Simon Lebon I appreciate your voice . So happy your on the mend no one else like you.



Guyliner Appreciation- Nick Rhodes I appreciate your individual spirit . No one will ever wear guyliner like you


Drummer Boy Appreciation - Roger Taylor I appreciate your spot on beats that bring us to our feet



Katy K Appreciation - Katy K I appreciate you being cool inspite my off the wall questions over the years

1 comment:

  1. this is what ha[[ems when I'm off the computer for awhile I totally missed this!

    ReplyDelete