Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Diana at 50 ( Newsweek cover )

Blessed Mother Teresa with Princess Diana June 18 1997 New York


I've been in a blog block of sorts lately. Well when I got an eye full of Princess Diana's Newsweek cover . I think some how this opened the flood gates my block lifted. Somehow when Simon Lebon became afflicted with his throat issues.  Maybe out of sympathy for Simon. I lost my blogging grove. I'm here to report that Pop Trash Beauty got its groove back. So as many of you I have the big love for Diana. She is a part of the "Sisterhood of the Traveling Duran "  I don't think we could call her a Duranie she'd be more a Duranista Royale. I thought of her when the new album came out. She would have loved it and been as proud as we all were of the boys. ( they are all over 40 I should call them mens huh ? ) .



So enough about Duran Duran who I cant seem to blog without lately ( There was a time this blog had subtle influences of Duran )  So what do you think of this cover . I found it a little unsettling to be honest.  I just think to let her rest in peace as she was. She is an icon who was indeed the peoples princess. I think we all have this snap shot in our mind of how we want to  remember her. So what do you think ?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back, and feeling good. It's never about The Thing, but your quirky take on it.

    Diana endured so much. And managed to not only do good, touching children with AIDS before most, but raised two boys who are certainly tall and look happy. One seems to be too happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Welcome back!I'm back too from my mini vacation!

    ReplyDelete