Friday, April 29, 2011

David Bowie Retrospective NYC

9.David Bowie
                                                Stenci Portriats


David Bowie will be featured at New York City's Museum of Art and Design. This retrospective will be a collection of Bowie's music , video , image, performance art . I will be in NYC when this exhibit is open. I think any self respecting Bowie fan in the area should. This should be a feast for the eyes and creative soul. Also screenings of his movies and open forums to discuss them. Here is some more information on the retrospective.

David Bowie, Artist, a public program, will celebrate this singular talent who has continued to be a constant innovator in performance-based practices. Expanding past his notoriety as a musician, David Bowie, Artist showcases the too-often-overlooked diversity and multifaceted nature of Bowie’s total artistic output. Presented in conjunction with the upcoming exhibition Otherworldly: Optical Delusions and Small Realities, this multi-platform retrospective—including a film series as well as kiosks showing music videos, interviews, concert footage and other audio-visual documentation—will run from May 9 to July 15, 2011. The cinema series begins on June 3 and will conclude with the screening of a new 35mm print of “The Man Who Fell to Earth at Film” Forum from June 24 – July 7, 2011.( Read full press release info on tickets and times here --> http://www.madmuseum.org/press/releases/retrospective-reframing-david-bowie-artist-working-performance-premiere-june )










5 comments:

  1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :( I want to go to there!!! :'( I love David Bowie, I even named my cat after him (in creepy fan news...haha) You're so lucky! Take lots of pictures if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Iman, he is so interesting. I almost prefer him as an actor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG geeking out so hard! I am so in love with Bowie, I have a Bowie book on my coffee table. Great post, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this makes it out to LA somehow I love Bowie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!
    This icon along with Roxy Music and DURAN DURAN is the reason i don't jump off a cliff.

    //PeterBlueSilver
    (Twitter)

    ReplyDelete