Monday, April 18, 2011

PTB'S 5 Duran Duran Coachella Fashion Highlights

 Ive been a big fan of the Coachella music festival. I never thought that Duran Duran would play the event. I'm so proud of them the spot on performance. Even though I watched from a music stream on youtube. I got sucked into the concert vibe along with some of my Duran fan friends via twitter. As we tweeted vigorously via the youtube site. I'm liking this concert going with out spanx, makeup, heels . Just me in my flannel monkey Jammie's dancing in my living room. I never do a normal music review of the show. We could liken it too a women who picks sports teams by the outfits.There are many finely written and managed Duran Duran websites to do that for us. Such as there very own DuranDuran.com . Fan managed  Gimme a Wristband . So I provide you with

PTB'S 5  Duran Duran Coachella Fashion Highlights



1. John Taylor's Orange Man Scarf

I'm going through a man scarf love phase. Taylor broke up his black onsom with a brilliant splash of color . This was a fun and eye popping warm orange. This was fun and vibrant nice to see some color in the mix. I love the way the orange warmed up his skin tone. Watch him as they play the title track off there 13th studio album All You Need Is Now



2 . Ana Matronic Red Dress and Sassy Heels

Ana Matronic of  Scissors Sister performs a rap on Duran Duran's track called Safe in the Heat in of Moment. With her sexy sultry voice  and Simon Lebon are a match made in music geek heaven. Lets talk about Ana's rocking red frock . I have been trying to find out the designer all day. Gorgeous cocktail dress that fit her beautifully. Paired with a sassy pair of red heels this women worked this stage in style. Making me want a red dress in the worst way. Watch Ana performing in her gorgeous red onsom at coachella .






3. Nick Rhodes
Nick Rhodes was amazing in this mysterious hat. Artistry of dress at its best. What a perfect hat-mask for an english person to wear in the desert. The texture of the hat was south western. He reminded me of something out of a Mexican surrealist painting. One of John Taylor's followers made a reference to Frida Kahlo. I agree with that reference. If she was to paint him I imagine it would look a lot like this.
Nick Rhodes Ga via John Taylor Pixlr Page click on the caption to
like to Johns photo page its really fab



4. Happy Dancing Fans
 indeed a highlight even on youtube you could see them giving the boys energy. Loving every moment of it as they danced in there festival gear. I did see some girls with flower wreaths sewn into there hair so cute. Happy fans are always a fashion highlight.


5. Simon Lebon White Tuxedo 007 style
Paying tribute to 007 creator Ian Fleming. He rocked white tuxedo jacket that caught the attention of all the twitterati I must say. Looking simply put handsome as the string section played there melodies .Bringing Sass and class in only a way Simon could.







.

2 comments: