Monday, March 14, 2011

The Beauty Parlor Confidential

Spring is almost here . Can't hide under the Hounds tooth any longer.


Men have the Barber Shop. Women have the Beauty Parlor as women of a certain age refer to it in the Boston Area. I got my hair done on Saturday in a little salon, a one room salon with two chairs and a nail bar. The room had a down too earth yet arty vibe to it. The stylist/owner was knowledgeable with current trend also very funny. I sat in her chair wanting a change in the worst way. Originally I wanted cherry cola foils in the worst way She shook her head no. Red is more fall you need light around your face, lets do some bronze, caramel, blonde foils. I’m going to give you wispy bangs , lots of layers to make you look chic. She wrapped my head in a crown of tin foil. While we talked about the Elton John Concert she was going too that evening. I also mentioned how I was going to see a certain band I love April 2.


This is me prior to the sassy cut. I was wearing the
bun for over a month . Dont I look like a happy camper?




One older women chimed in “I like Celine Dion , She has a voice on her “ I often think the beauty salon is our version of a men’s locker room. Where we talk about sex, lies, spanks, food. My cheeks hurt from laughing so hard as the lively conversation ensued. Soon my foils were removed, hair washed, layers cut. For me it was a metaphor for cutting away the cold dark winter. Letting the spring sunshine come on in. I wish you could bottle the feeling of fresh from the salon. You feel lighter and sassy with spring in your step.



I promised everyone a smile . look look there it is






So there you have it my afternoon at the salon. I didnt go into depth beacause what happens at the salon, stays at the salon.  The next piece will be about concert fashion for less. We spend allot of money going to these shows. Hopefully I will be able to give you a couple tips to take away the sting. Watch out Duran Duran by the end of this your going to have one awful hot mama comming to your show. Well there is an awful lot of hot mamas at any Duran show. I'll just be rocking it out with them. Lucky Lucky Wild Boys you are .See we always sneak them in , with the exception of the zombie ant post.

4 comments:

  1. I will not take anymore pictures in my closet lmao It has the best lighting :) Just a fun post for all us comming out of our winter caves. xo Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! I'm going to the 'salon' in the morning and think I need to lighten up too. Your bangs totally transform you, you must keep them you look HOT! (not that u didn't look hot before...just now you look hotter)
    Cupcake
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @cupcake Lady go get some foils all up in your hair. Im glad I lightened up. The bangs seriously , I didnt know what power they have. I havent had so many doors opened for me by gents in ages lol Let me know how your hair appt goes !! xoxo We are going to be smokin hot for spring !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you look great! That new do looks fabulous on you! I love the wispy bangs! And a new color goes a long way! yey for beauty!

    ReplyDelete