Monday, March 21, 2011

Face Painting Fun for Duran Duran ( Random Life Post )

Well as we all know Pop Trash Beaty loves to create makeup looks inspired by our favorite band. Well my creative little mind Just about short circuted ,when I heard of the Duran Duran webcast directed by David Lynch. Duran Duran called on there fans too participate. We were asked to paint a body part with non toxic paint. Photograph it on a black background. If choosen we'd have a shot at being in a installation created by cineamatic genius David Lynch. Here is an excerpt to explain a little more into whats going on Wednesday.

"The idea, according to Lynch, “is to try and create on the fly, layers of images permeating Duran Duran on the stage. A world of experimentation and hopefully some happy accidents." The band appear equally excited by the collaboration, accidents notwithstanding. "We are all such fans of his work and think he has a creative vision like no other," Duran Duran frontman Simon Le Bon said of Lynch. “We all believe this live-streamed performance is going to look nothing like anyone has ever seen before. We can’t wait.” "  (David Lynch to direct Duran Duran webcast : by Laura Barnett /The Telegraph UK )




This is my submission:To be able to create something for my muse was cathartic on so many levels. Id like to thank my duranie friends for encoraging me to do this. I love you all very very much .Who dosent like messing around with paint .



This webcast is surley not to miss even if your not a Duran Duran fan. You have to apreciate the popculture aspect of it . I will provide you with the detials below

                          Where : The Mayan Theater , Los Angeles California
                          When: March 23 2011 10pm Est Time
                           How to Watch: Check the Video  


7 comments:

  1. Wow very intricate work Tracey! Brava!
    Cupcake
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ladies :) xoxoo Our look didnt make the cut but the fun is in the creating. This might be my christmas card. The show was simply amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! For a second there I thought the red was your hair and I freaked out hahaha.

    You've been tagged on my blog for an award :)

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hells no lady.. my boss would freak. Ohh ohh I got an award thank you ! thank you! Im going over to check it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete