Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Adventures In High Heels ( Concert Fashion on a Budget UPDATE )

I always take you on my life journeys with me. I work in an office where I do allot of running around from day to day. Two inch heels is the norm for me or my fugly LL bean mary janes. Which my feet thank me for every night . With the concert approaching vastly I bought these lovely shoes by Paris Hilton.  People just think these heels are too cute for words. Ive been in training for over a week to rock them out. My high heel veteran Friends say I should have taken a month. The shoes didn't come into my life until last weekend. Seriously the out pouring of support has been so awesome. Here are some tips I got from the ladies . I feel like they have brought me into to a secret sisterhood.
  • Take two advil before you hit the floor
  • Walk slowly , its okay to take your time.
  • Wear them everyday four at least 4 hours
  • Buy the Dr Schol's inserts in the purple package
  • Kick them off when no one is looking.
  • Look straight ahead , Suck in your tummy
  • Come to peace with the fact they are going to hurt no matter what.





 Ive been walking everywhere in them and decided to make peace with the fact I've commited to this . This is how I felt though



Why was I not suprised that Youtube was full of how to walk in high heel videos.



I have had to actually use my ballet training for this one. Ive been taking my time walking which is hard for me. I like to rush around like a mad women usually. I will tell you now that Im getting aclumated Its feeling normal . My legs look so long and lady like. I may be developing a very bad habit .Though the veiw from up here is been nice.

UPDATE : CONCERT FASHION UPDATE
Im also writting this blog to give you an update on my fashion on a budget outfit . The Punk Chic -Not a Cougar Onsom.  I went without the punk masters t-shirt yet all Im saying is " Happy Birthday to ME"  . I was able to find a really great ruffled military jacket.I wont unveil the look until the street style post of fans at foxwoods rocking there looks. So here is my tally thus far darlings

Black Military Jacket - 32.99  / I used gift cards from christmas to shave off 20.00
Multi Colored Sequin shell - 7.00 / I bought this at a thrift store. All proceeds from the shop go to a abused womens shelter.
Royal Blue Heels by Paris Hilton : 36.00 / they retail for 90.00 usually
Bangle - 1.00 / thrift store
Black Pilazzo pants- Free / item from my closet
Fushia Pink Scarf - Free / item from my closet


We will be getting back to normal around here really soon . I promise stick with me PTB readers .

2 comments:

  1. My gosh this is a tad ditzy .. I think it may need to go to archieve lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's the shock of high heels, nicely done.

    ex-ballerinas can do anything, memories of an instructress and a black cane.

    ReplyDelete