Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How to Beat The Abominable Winter Blues

Yes many of us are getting a steady installment of snow. I grew up just outside of Boston. So yes I am pretty seasoned winter veteran. The Abominable snow monster has me in its grips. Has made me grouchier, depressed, batty. Socialization has been cancelled indefinitely until spring it seems. So last night as I tweeted warm weather inspired youtube music video’s. I think it gave us hope that there will be life after winter. So if the abominable snow monster has you in its grips read on. 


Look at all those people cold an blue. I'm not
I live in the house CoCo Chanel built toasty warm.
Picture by Tracey Whitney ( Chanel Store , Newbury Street Boston)

Music

I’ve uploaded a variety of music that makes me happy. Keeping the tempo up helps keep my mood up. I’ve listed my play list below. I love long thought provoking songs yet when melancholy sets it , you don’t want to feed it.




1. DJ Jazzy Jeff an The Fresh Prince -Summertime
2. Weezer -Island In The Sun
3. The Strokes- Reptilia
4. Mark Ronson & The Business Initiative feat Qtip the abstract -Bang Bang Bang
5. Michael Franti Spearhead -
6. Camera Obscurer - If Looks Could Kill
7. David Bowie -Let's Dance
8.Marina and The Diamonds - I am not a robot
9. Katy Perry -Teenage Dream
10. Duran Duran -All You Need Is Now
11.Muse -Supermassive Black Hole
12. Elvis Presley - That's All Right
 ( yes there was an urge to do more than one of the same band .. hmm who would that be)



Exercise – Try to get at least 30 minutes a day. You can divide the time into 3 ten minute sessions. Take a brisk walk , dance , this is a proven mood lifter as always consult your doctor before starting any exercise program.





Mani /Pedi – Go to a salon or DIY .  I know we are all hooked on black /noir. Might I suggest these colors .There not in season you say. Who cares we need to be happy right? Start a new trend. Want to play with some opi swatches got to OPI
Opi Colors
You're Pisa Work - Hot Pink
On The Same Page -Orange
Teal Cows Come Home -Teal
Green-Wich Village -Green

.
Get cooking Good Lookin


I find this is the perfect time to try new recipes out






Now here is what our twitter an Facebook Followers do to beat the winter blues .

Twitter

anegar  I exercise cuz it increases ur endorphins and that makes u feel good year round.

SomethingElse9  I plan imaginary tropical vacations. One of these days, I will book something, even if its just in my head!!! HAHHAH!

SimonYoungRoth  winter blues!? I LOVE WINTER!!! and I LOVE COLD!!!

CariAz_13  I would but I don't get "winter blues" since it's 70 & sunny in Az :) .

camsmith_bowie  Listen to @duranduran and start dancing to warm things up! Hope it works, gorgeous! :) Love, x.

Facebook

Robert M. Caruso Stay active - especially getting out to shop, play with the kids and most importantly the gym!

.Madeleine Gallay umm, walk barefoot in the sand which is sunny and warm (sorry, it's true!!!)

.Jennifer Jenkins host a get-together with friends! :)

Joy Robin Bishop I have marathons. Either watch every episode of a tv show or lots of movies in one category/genre. It's good to have goals.

Jenny Nault Meeker I make summertime foods like burgers and fruit salsas on grilled chicken. Granted, I need to use an electric grill or grill pan on the stove, but it's enough to help with the illusion. :)

.Kori Sheldon Davenport Hinkle swim at the gym, warm pool helps me think of summer.

Honor Posey write letters, cook large meals, otherwise try to make the world around me feel more like an Austen or Engals-Wilder book and less like a uncomfortable purgatory.

Robin Fahlbeck Pologe Put on the ipod and rock out

Anna Creer  Rework this damn book and chase dogs!

Jenny Nault Meeker I make summertime foods like burgers and fruit salsas on grilled chicken. Granted, I need to use an electric grill or grill pan on the stove, but it's enough to help with the illusion. :)

4 comments:

  1. Uplifting! Your music suggestions are awesome (course DD, but only one??). Thanks for the cheer-up!
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm here! <3
    Aamazing post, dear! eeverybody should take your pieces of advice ;)

    Love, x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it bad that when I have any winter blues I think of making summer fruity cocktails!

    Muse -Supermassive Black Hole is one of my exercise songs!

    For me the ultimate Duran Duran summer song is: Faster than Light. Maybe Hold back the Rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys want me to do a DD beat the winter blues playlist an put it in the post ?

    Im so glad you all loved xox We will get throught the oold winter woo hoo

    ReplyDelete