Saturday, January 29, 2011

#7 DuranDuran Inspired Look Sing Blue Silver


Duran Duran's second studio album RIO has a track called the Chauffeur. The song the Chauffeur is one of my favorites the music video is shot in black & white.Almost as if Duran Duran breathed life into a Patrick Nagel painting. The interesting tidbit about it is Duran Duran never appeared in the video. So my inspiration comes from the video vixens there are two main women who are I guess telepathically conected by a broken mirror chard that tells them to meet in lingere an dance in a parking garage. There hair is slicked back an there make up is a heavy liquid eyelined eye. The refrain of the song is " Sing Blue Silver" I thought the eye should reflect it .




Now that you have watched the video listened to the song. This is what I came up with .I also wanted to do a modern take on the makeup look. Very bold Nagel like eye was really came to mind.


I uses a 3 color cream shadow pallet .
Maybeline Eye Studio #10 Blue Freeze
the only additional shadow was a black matte for the creases.


This is the same palette we used for guyliner 101
You can go under the black areas with silver glitter if you want a jazzy effect.
The telepathic mirror chard is telling me to go
to the parking garage


So there you have it the Sing Blue Silver inspired eye. I hope you enjoy it ! Next post will be about an art exhibit touring the country. Its a photo essay on eating disorders. Look forward to sharing that with you.

4 comments:

  1. I love the makeup, Duran Duran, and this post!! So fun and so YOU! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very sexy look. Reminds me of a 20’s vamp/ flapper look. This blog is awesome there is nothing like it in the DD blog world.
    -Cassie Bartell-

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Makeup Magesty Thank you darling ! I love you ! So fun to do music an makeup of course cocoperez lol xoxo

    @Cassie I am a slient movie fan. I think I did draw from the vamp a bit. Its just my music geek way of showing the love. Glad to see you here thank you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally I get to see this post it was not clicking through for me.

    Beautiful Make up! Love the way you did the eyes! FYI: The Vamp - I've always been obsessed with Theda Bara. :)

    ReplyDelete