Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Duran Duran Inspired Eye #1 Rio

Inspired by my favorite band . I created 3 eye looks an one lip art inspired by the music of Duran Duran. This is the first in my series . The cover art was done by Patrick Nagel who also inspired me in the look. I pulled the purple from the cover art . I was dreaming of doing lots of cut creases an glitter feathers an anything else that could be glued to my face. Then I thought why not make the looks wearable. Looks that people could actually do an wear everyday. The " Rio " inspired eye is a purple smokey eye built using three colors. Simple beauty makeup with a kiss of Duran Duran inspiration. You can wear to work an out an about .





Rio Inspired A -Side Look ( Day smokey eye ) 

Purple Smokey Day / Its got pop yet its wearable

Sorry I didn't do I lid shot on this one. They looked ugly an puffy due to a allergic reaction to a product. The other looks lids will be included . 

 Everything is over the counter except for eye primer. If you don't have primer use a concealer.

Prime lids - MAC Paint Pot
Pallet  Wet n Wild Color Icon /Sugar Plum
Liner  Black Kohl Liner/Avon Precision Glimmer in Plum / Wet n Wild Gel liner Black
Brushes  Med eyeshadow / large eyeshadow/ concealer /pencil brush / Q-tips





You'll get allot of comments people will ask you what you have on your eyes. I will teach the look in our youtube tutorial next week. In the sunlight the shimmer plum liner looks pretty /funky . Yet you still look like an adult.  Basically your building a smokey eye with purple colors. You don't smoke out the day look.




Rio B-Side Night Smokey Eye


Night Time Smokey Eye / Electric purple shadow



Your going to start by building the basic daytime smokey eye. Adding an electric neon purple to your crease. Blending out to as crazy as you want . Add some black kohl eyeliner to your lower lash line. What I love about this is you can wear the daytime smokey look to work.  If you go out after just ad the purple shadow to smoke it out more. Its very sexy ..



Tommorow  : All You Need Is Now  eye inspiration.  This is ALLOT more funky . The youtube tutorials are on the way will be ready next week. Dont worry Santa got Pop Trash Beauty a new camera. Picture quality will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment