Sunday, April 18, 2010

Malcom McLaren


When I heard about the passing of Malcolm McLaren ,Wrote a epic long blog about him . When I read it back to myself it was an obituary. I was regurgitating facts 5 long paragraphs of information that was making me the writer glaze over . So I decided to write him a Thank you letter

Dear , Malcolm

     I want to thank you for bringing so many precious gifts into this world . Many musicians of Iconic status owe the mere fact that they are in existence to you . Music is such a powerful influence in so many of our lives. Thank you for opening the doors for that generation to come through . For they inspired the ones that came after them . In a sense you will be immortal . For your finger prints wither or not they know it will be on there music. Thanks for having the balls to get it done. Breaking the rules . We are so thankful you did .


Love and Thanks


Tracey



“Rock and roll doesn't necessarily mean a band. It doesn't mean a singer, and it doesn't mean a lyric, really. It's that question of trying to be immortal.”


-Malcolm Mclaren -

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic letter.

    Malcolm Mclaren's Madame Butterfly is still in my veins.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete