Sunday, February 14, 2016

Body Image :New Law In France Banning Super Skinny Models

I really agonized on how , I was going to approach this topic. This is not a skinny shaming post . I really had a hard time watching the disturbingly  skinny models during the most recent NYFW footage. There frames were utterly skeletal . It just seemed really bad this year. I know that they are working on new regulations to help models . I think they need to put a hustle in it . I wanted to say you need IV drips for all these men and women back stage. I know I'm fat and you could give me a laundry list of my health risks . I totally understand, though being too thin isn't safe either.


Over concern in regards to rising number  of women in France who are sick with Anorexia. The government went into action passing laws banning super skinny models from the runway. Also in the same token photos that have been edited must read " This photo has been edited "  This leaves a lot of people wondering if the United States will follow suit. I truly hope we do follow Frances lead the that will benefit health and wellbeing of all women and men who walk the runways, those that they influence. When little 8 year old girls are talking about diets. Just the insanity with the obsession with beauty in general world wide has gotten out of hand. I truly believe regulations like what was recently passed in France could be the change we need to get the ball rolling. I hope one day women and men could just be happy and love themselves. Till then body image warriors we keep raising our voices for change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment