Saturday, March 29, 2014

What Does Style Mean to You ?



What is your personal style ?  ( yes you the one reading this post )

 I think over my 38 years on this earth my personal changes at different stages in my life. I've noticed a shift to the ultra feminine type of style. I am encroaching in on 40 now I want to be feminine ?  I'm an arty women who likes her band t-shirts, boyfriend jeans , converse sneakers the most. I've been wearing this look with a very floral feminine scarf. I even want to wear small flower hair clips?  I am baffled to no end on this one. Thought that I had a personal style set in action. There is no rhyme or reason I want to be feminine , floral and fierce. Its as if I don't know myself anymore ? Seems I've suppressed the girly side for so long its just blossoming in shades of pastels all over the place.




 Wait till you see my spring bags for Pop Chic Boutique there is a whole lot of flowers and pink. Pastels used to make me squirm now I am obsessed with mint green. I really shouldn't even wear green for I have yellow undertones in my skin. My skin picks up all the yellow I look absolutely sick with flu.  ( yes random but true) . 



Even my home decor is getting a tad girly as of recent. Right now in my bedroom I have hot pink fuzzy curtains. I bought them at a discount store they screamed pop art to me. Now I look at them like cut up muppets. ( I bet your loving the glitter butterfly action on the curtains, yeah it seemed right at the time. )  In the kitchen I am using milk glass and ball canning jars to give it a more french country influence. This is from the gal who had been lusting after a Hello Kitty toaster not to long ago. 

LC Lauren Conrad Tea Berry      



 My mom offered to buy me a comforter for Christmas as long as I pick it out. I am a bit eccentric so she is scared to shop for me " If its ugly I know you'll like it "  . Yes were going into to April I have yet to choose one . My surprise I'm rotating toward Lauren Conrad s line of bedding. Its extremely feminine, frilly and fabulous. I would have mocked this terribly before. My point is that my personal style is changing dramatically. I think this is the final choice through in a bow pillow too please. Is this normal to have a dramatic shift of style like this ? 


What does style mean to you ? What was your most dramatic change in style ? 
 Let me know in the comments we can swap stories.     

No comments:

Post a Comment