Thursday, November 7, 2013

Morning Grind : Keeping Grounded

Tracey J Whitney 2013 ©



I think in all aspects of life there is a certain amounts of joy followed by disappointment. You have to take the time to smell the roses I got into a horrible mood woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Then just stayed there with gloom and doom in my heart. I realized what a selfish person , I was given another day on planet earth this is a gift. So I decided to make the most of it and go in search of the silver lining that must be there. I did find it eventually the weird thing is it came in the ways of a shower. Where I seemed to wash the mood away with the simple act of exfoliating and taking care of myself. I gave my self an enzyme facial ( which is really cheap Freeman makes a good one) . Then clipped , filed , polished my nails . I was being kind to myself . A friend was painting my toe nails one night we were having a girls mani pedi , junk food , John Hughes movie marathon.I kept jumping and wouldn't relax as she trimmed my nails. She said you really need to learn to be kind to yourself. Let your friends be kind to you also it seems you can do for others till the point of burn out. Though you never are kind to yourself its not a crime. That really sunk in with me for allot of reasons raised allot of questions. Though years later I took the time to be kind to myself it worked. I was able to shift my mood stay grounded moving on from the funk which that had taken residence in my head. Later that evening I called in to a radio show to ask a question of a entertainer I like. I was treated quiet rude by the person answering the phone. Then put on hold only to be dropped with no explanation. I was angry at the fact I was treated this way. After a couple of rants let's just admit it being a diva ( I am a creative person this happens ) . I decided to just forget about in the grand scheme of things this was nothing. That I needed to stay grounded in so many ways. So the moral of the story be kind to yourself and remember to stay grounded . So I approach a rather dreary day outside with a bit of sunshine know that the day may hold wonderful things I need to be positive to receive and give them.

Tracey J Whitney 2013 ©

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Great Message I allow my DIVA thoughts :) live too long in my head WILL I EVER GET IT!! Sorry for my part of venting! <3

    ReplyDelete