Sunday, August 5, 2012

Lemon Lime Twisted Beauty ( DIY)






I was inspired to do this post by two things. I got this Lime-ish colored top at the vintage store. I also read a great piece on Lemon Peels on Julian Lennon's facebook page. I've been eating allot of fruit this summer. Its been hot here in the Northeastern United States. With so many great local fruits in abundance its hard to pass them by. Though we have to our friendly neighbors from the sunshine state too send us lemons and limes. With the numerous health benefits to these fruits you also know they can make you beautiful.


I got this one from the Doctor's show it really works. Though be warned your going to want a tall glass of lime aid when your done.


Limes are chock full of antioxidants, which help fend off cancer, and the acid in lime juice can help brighten your skin! Use once a week to maintain a healthy glow. 


3 tablespoons olive oil 
1 tablespoon brown sugar 
½ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
A pinch of sea salt 


Combine ingredients in a bowl, apply to face and let sit for 10 minutes. Wash off with warm water – and voila – your face will be exfoliated, moisturized and brightened all at once! 
( via The Doctors check your local listings to watch )









Lemon Facial Cleanser

I got this recipe from the Dr Oz show ( thank goodness for DVR )  he really has the best DIY home beauty on his show. I tried this one out too , he is right you must use it right away. I used it this morning on this hot day it was refreshing. I bought my lemon essential oil at my local health food store.


Ingredients
1 tbsp natural yogurt
1 tsp lemon juice

Directions
Mix all ingredients together. Soak a cotton wool pad in mixture and remove makeup. Repeat with fresh cotton wool pads until make up is removed.

Note: This mixture will not keep, so it should be used immediately





I almost done with my The White Feather Foundation post . The one thing is I need all of you. If you have a The White Feather Foundation T-Shirt Id like to feature you in a blog post. I have one sassy model lined up. Show us how you rock it out . Be as creative as you like . Message me on the Pop Trash Beauty facebook page if your interested in participating.  Id be honored please submit by August 18th 2012. 


2 comments: