Friday, November 4, 2011

My Happy Little Accident with Duran Duran



It was back in March we were all a buzz about Duran Duran's Unstaged event with David Lynch .Well as we all know Pop Trash Beauty loves to create makeup looks inspired by our favorite band. Well my creative little mind Just about short circuited ,when I heard of the Duran Duran web cast directed by David Lynch. Duran Duran called on there fans too participate. We were asked to paint a body part with non toxic paint. Photograph it on a black background. If chosen we'd have a shot at being in a installation created by cinematic genius David Lynch. Lynch was quoted as saying to the Telegraph UK "The idea, according to Lynch, “is to try and create on the fly, layers of images permeating Duran Duran on the stage. A world of experimentation and hopefully some happy accidents."  



When I first watched the web cast which was very well done and allot of fun. I didn't think that my photo made the cut. Yes I was a little disappointed though the process was so much fun. I couldn't believe the creativity and beauty of the whole event. Months past by then about of month ago Id find out that I was a part of a happy accident. I started to receive almost cryptic tweets and emails from friends " Nice seeing your beautiful face tonight"  This was confusing because at that time they were thousand miles from me. Finally I found out that my picture from the unstagged event was shown during the song Rio along with many gorgeous Duran fans. I wanted to wait till the show in NYC to see it. Yet curiosity and a very proud mother wanted to see it. So I found a you tube of the performance. Let's play wheres waldo ( I'm a geek , can you spot me)





 I share everything with my PTB family , for once I wanted to have some wonderful happy news. I finally got to see it in person at Madison Square Garden with my friend Judy. We had such a fun couple of days in the city. Seeing old friends and taking in the energy of NYC. I'm never disappointed by a Duran Duran show. They spoiled us rotten with Mark Ronson and Ana Matronic making appearances. Then the end of the show was Rio as the faces flashed behind the band . I saw my eyes my friend said your picture just went up in front of Madison Square Garden. I was in shock though when the brevity of it all hit . I had a slight little geek out which I recovered from nicely. I didn't want to scare my friend or anyone else ( laughing)  I have to say in all honesty I'm still in shock. I'm thankful to Duran Duran for giving me this gift .
John Taylor of Duran Duran / Background Tracey J Whitney ( Ive waited my whole life to write that)
Photo by the talented  Erika Tobiassen Place




This indeed was a happy accident that has changed me. It has helped me believe in myself more than ever . I'm just overwhelmed with gratitude to my duranie friends, Duran Duran and all of my readers. You have given me this supportive platform to experiment with my artistry. If happy accidents can happen to me they can happen for you. Never give up on your dreams keep putting your self out there . You just never know what can happen. Thank you for your support PTB faithful.


4 comments:

  1. as it should be ... more happy accidents, please

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MG you have been such a good friend to me xo I'll try to make more happy accidents.LOL Ive always been a tad clumsy so hey you never know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! and beautiful face paint I'm glad you were picked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im not in the rotation anymore. It was great while it lasted :) Happy forever !

    ReplyDelete