Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Psychedelic Furs - Love my Way Inspired look

Did I shock you shock you with my deviant behavior ( love Empire Records ) . Its not a Duran Duran look imagine that .  Actually we are going to be going to the Duran Duran universes allot in the next couple of months. Concert fashion on budget type stuff. I am aware that allot of you know the music bio of the furs. Some of our younger readers who are just getting into 80’s music don't.

The Psychedelic Furs
From : London England
Formed : 1977 ( I was two )
Genre: New Wave , Post Punk, Art Rock
Pop Culture Icon Status: Pretty in Pink 1986  John Hughes was inspired by the song to make the iconic 1980's film. The song Pretty in Pink was on the soundtrack has been linked with the film in pop culture forever






This is the song inspiring the look , I wanted to potray a new romantic type of look. Watching all the runway looks also influenced me a great deal.

Yeah do I look Art Rock cool yet ?


Very heavy eyeliner is the key to this look


So lets take this new romantic look to evening. Your going out after work want to amp it up just a tad








I love playing makeup with all of you ! Come back often I'm always up to something.



10 comments:

  1. Love!!
    What lipstick are you wearing here? Looks amazing on you.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my favorite one ! Its called Velvet Orchid by Estee Lauder. Its that type of lipstick you scrape down to the bottom lol Thank you Nora xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very good ... very '40's pinup girl (in the best way).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Madeline xo So much fun doing it . Im in love with winged eyeliner pin up style. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look! and the light shine for the brow bone is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love added light especially when the eye is so dark give it a little pop . Thanks LiLu !! Loved your snake jewlery post xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your look is actually very sophisticated here Tracey!
    I LOOOOOOVE the Furs! LOVE!
    Cupcake
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cupcake ; Ive been on a Furs binge for a couple of weeks lol xoxo my mom likes this one lol !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Duran might pout over this one. Seeing the best one was not inspired by them lol Love the eyes.

    Maura

    ReplyDelete
  10. I doubt there pouting or reading lmao

    ReplyDelete