Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What's In My Purse

When will that magic wand wave accross my head an say " Tracey you are a adult " Witty action figures are not fine home design.  My friends who suggested this blog post. After an incident were I spilled my purse in the middle of our local coffee shop. They said it was like a game of I spy. I will admit it is a bit much. So I am embarking on the most random blog post in the entire history of PTB.




 So what in my purse ?

This is my purse its a Vera Wang from Kohls ( umm if I had the money for a Vera Wang , I wouldn't be writing posts about DIY fashion week. I do rotate my purses but this is the most used.)



It doesn't photograph well . I wanted you to see how it changes color










This my purse spilled out . Your going to think I'm a modern day Mary Poppins when you see this mess.


 Granny Jewelry necklaces - Because you just don't know if you'll feel the same about the morning
necklace later in the day. ( I'm sick)

Breath Mints- Yeah just a staple

Perfume-Miracle Lancome

Smelly Lotion- Okay I have a chronic lotion issue. I must be yummy all the time. ( even sicker)
 lip balms - I might be in the mood for candy corn, barbie , Burt's bees , Victoria's secret

Wallet -Normal

Avon brochures form the lady at my office- Research ( lol )

Book I forget to read- yep its been in my purse for a year.

Pink T-Rex Pen- Don't you have one ?

Stamps- Though I'm postally challenged ask Kitty Amsbry how long she has been waiting for her prize from our contest in June. I do everything online . #Fail

Mascara - Waterproof Stilla

Lipstick - I have too many  ( the sickest of it all )

Sunglasses- Dollar Store pair cute huh.

Cellphone - normal

Paper - At least I don't litter

Change-normal
This is Chomps he lives in my purse



I have an illness called Compulsive Purse Hoarding( I just made that up) . I have to do weekly purse dumps to keep things in order. I have always been like this its insane . Its a bit girly even for me . I didn't really blossom into the whole girly beauty thing till my 30's . I don't know is there a cure for this ? So whats in your purse ?

5 comments:

  1. LOL! Fantastic post girly. I will be nicking your quote " I must be yummy at all times"! Tres Diva-ish. So what's in my handbag (British term, sorry):

    ~ a big ole tub of Breath mints (naturally)
    ~ a yellow clutch from Maxway (cheapo store)
    ~ silly cell phone (pink)
    ~ A Picture of Dorian Grey by the delicious dandy Oscar Wilde
    ~ random mini handcreams x2
    ~ small tube of Vaseline
    ~ Arm & Hammer deodorant (naturally)
    ~ spare knickers (good ones)
    ~ Cheapo Perfume & Body Mist by Sure (or whatever they are called nowadays)
    ~a bunch of keys with miserable keychains attached
    ~ Wholegrain biscuits (British term, sorry)
    ~ Filofax (pink mock-croc covering)
    ~ Female essentials for that horrible time of the month
    ~ condoms (*cough*)
    ~ Purse (red) with UK£40 in tenners & US$12 in ones LMAO
    ~ Wet Wipes
    ~ Hand sanitiser (foam spray saddo one)

    Okay, so there you have it...I have humiliated myself like the Corpus Dei ladies who wear the spiky bracelet around their thigh in penance for their sins...God forgive me for my frivolity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously love the contents of your purse. Makes me want to put more in mine lmao umm I love these especially your brit speak :-)
    ~ spare knickers (good ones)
    ~ Cheapo Perfume & Body Mist by Sure (or whatever they are called nowadays)
    ~a bunch of keys with miserable keychains attached

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was interesting. I was surprised what all I have in there. My 19 yo dd is reading this with me, and together, we inventoried my purse (She enjoyed this too much)

    In my purse I have:
    1 droid phone
    charger with gum stuck on it
    mp3 player
    loose SD card laying around (so that's where it disappeared to!)
    27 Ricolas and at least 100 ricola wrappers
    12 grocery receipts
    4 coupons
    one of those cardboard wrapper things from Starbucks
    a notebook
    8 gel pens
    small sketchbook
    Watercolor field kit (never leave home without it)
    my HD video camera (ditto)
    4 tickets to Zumba exercise class
    my wallet
    pair of socks
    1 skinny scarf with fringe on the end
    my photobook portfolio for my graphic design business
    Stride gum
    my business card holder, with business cards
    a picture of myself skinny taped to the back of my wallet to keep me from buying junk food.
    lip gloss

    ~Mari (journeyfromobesity.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mari I love this
    a picture of myself skinny taped to the back of my wallet to keep me from buying junk food.
    27 Ricolas and at least 100 ricola wrappers
    12 grocery receipts
    4 coupons
    one of those cardboard wrapper things from Starbucks

    I pasted my fav ones . Just love all the purse contents. How do guys just have a wallet lol

    ReplyDelete