Friday, August 13, 2010

The Attack of Blog Block ...

At times like this when I see this long lists of drafts . Don't feel like posting any of them. There just not ready yet . Blog Block has crept in taking a hold of me . I've had a hectic week which there is definitely a blog in there somewhere.

I feel like this
Tons of geeky goodness out there in the world . Yet I can't seem to connect to any of it so I'll share some things with you that get me through Blog block , Life Block . For those times when you just need a little tune up .

Song Jimmy Eats World / In The Middle


Book / Poem

Where the Sidewalk Ends



There is a place where the sidewalk ends

And before the street begins,

And there the grass grows soft and white,

And there the sun burns crimson bright,

And there the moon-bird rests from his flight

To cool in the peppermint wind.



Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black

And the dark street winds and bends.

Past the pits where the asphalt flowers grow

We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,

And watch where the chalk-white arrows go

To the place where the sidewalk ends.



Yes we'll walk with a walk that is measured and slow,

And we'll go where the chalk-white arrows go,

For the children, they mark, and the children, they know

The place where the sidewalk ends.



Shel Silverstein


Movie


Smile, Charlie Chaplin , Modern Times, 1936










                                                   THE END

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, me too! I decided to post my q&a. It's about all the old girl has in her this week, lol! Thanks for posting Where The Sidewalk Ends. it made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought you'd like it :-) Smiling is good :-) I think this post has outed me as the Charles Spencer Chaplin lover I really am Lmao Im going to read your Q & A :-) Your Blog is the bomb !

    ReplyDelete