Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Anna's Wisdom on being Thankful

This is a post from my Myspace Blog. I posted one earlier , it just didn't sit right with me. I think it is because I could read between the lines. I knew what was going on to provoke such a post. Very sad time for me . For some reason I've been obsessed with posting a blog post from my dear little blog. I thought this one would be perfect. Anna is one of my dearest friends.  Everyone should have a friend like her. She is kind but real, she laces hard life lessons with humor. She calls me out when I've been bad. Seriously I am human , she needed too. Reading this made me a little weepy.


Myspace profile pic /circa 2006

Thursday, October 05, 2006


Anna's Wisdom on being Thankful





Happy Wednesday Peeps!

 I was listening to Dr. Laura. She was talking to a caller that had asked how she can be more appreciative of her own life and not envy a friend of hers so much because the friend had a bigger house, a better car, you know the drill. Dr. Laura told her she had felt that way once, a very long time ago, and I laughed because Dr. Laura said that a long time ago she would give anything to be Annette Funicello (Mickey Mouse club, Beach Blanket Movies etc). She wanted that more than anything. Well, a short time ago Annette was diagnosed with MS and that really put things in perspective for Dr. Laura, she realized that if you want someone else's life or think someone else has it better than you..think again.

.


BE THANKFUL

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something, for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations, because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary, because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.

A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

Find a way to be thankful for your troubles, and they can become your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment