Its that time of year when we make the preparations to head to the spa , for the dreaded bikini wax . Most women go native for the winter . Im going to give you a couple of tips to help you get through your first or next waxing .You should use these in prep for any waxing be it to face , pits , legs or down there . Can't lie it hurts but this will make it a little better .
Menstral Cycle :
- Avoid waxing a couple days before and during ,
- Your skin is more sensitive and pain may be more intense.
- Redness may stay a little longer .
- Even Though exfoliation can help in the process doing it too soon before service can , burn and harm skin .
- Only 24-hours before and after is recomended .
- Try to remove all cosmetics when getting a facial wax
- Trim hair in bikini area to a quater of an inch prior . It helps the esthetician get clean lines .
- Talk to your esthetician . somtimes a another type of wax such as a creme wax or hard wax with no strips may be less harsh to you
- .Keeping an open line of communacation is key .
- Discuss any skin sensitivity issues or contraindications .
- Follow the after wax care .
Baby Oil :
- Removes Most Wax . So if you are doing it your self , or find some stray wax after ( which is not acceptable and you should never ) If you do this can help.
- After help calm your skin , I've found tea tree oil to be very good .
- It dosent take very long . Breath and scream if you like , freak out the person ahead of you . No be nice but if you need too scream
NOTE : make sure the place you get , your service . Is up to date with state licences . Follows good sanitation.
Speaking of Screaming
Pop Trash Beauty by Tracey J Whitney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at poptrashbeauty.wordpress.com.